Cinnamon Buttermilk Caramel Sauce, the perfect topping for ice cream, cakes, apples or just eaten by the spoonful!
Look no further than this caramel sauce for a delicious topping to every dessert!
Caramel Sauce is perfect for drizzling, dipping, or mixing into any of your favorite desserts!
You guys, as if caramel sauce alone could not get any better, this beautiful cinnamon buttermilk caramel sauce walked into my kitchen!
Well it didn’t walk, but you know, I made it and… wow!
Take me to the recipe for Cinnamon Buttermilk Caramel Sauce already!
Thank you so much for your eagerness to view my recipe.
If you would rather not hear my super helpful tips and tricks, FAQ, and my overall awesomeness and get straight to this delicious Cinnamon Buttermilk Caramel Sauce already – you can very easily scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for the full printable FREE recipe! Bon appetit.
I know some people want a caramel sauce without corn syrup but it helps make the caramel that much smoother- and there’s not a lot in there. I promise!
This caramel sauce can really enhance pretty much any dessert. It is that good!
It just screams fall and is so warm and inviting. I can’t get enough!!
Oh, and it’s super easy too, this is the kind of caramel you can’t mess up. Just follow the directions exactly and bam!
How to make caramel sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil over medium heat
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and a simmer.
- Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, let cool slightly.
- Use to your heart’s content!
Boom, done! The recipe is adapted from The Gunny Sack.
Ahhh, Fall, the most glorious time of the year! Especially with this cinnamon caramel sauce!
Does caramel sauce need to be refrigerated?
If you aren’t using this right away then I do recommend refrigerating it. You can keep it in the fridge in an airtight container for a month!
Can you freeze caramel sauce?
Yes! Store it in an airtight container (but not glass because it might expand and break the glass) and freeze for a month.
Can you reheat caramel sauce?
Absolutely! Just place the caramel sauce in a medium-sized pot on the stove. Turn the heat to medium, stirring frequently, and in a few minutes, you will have warm gooey caramel again!
I use this sauce on my Caramel Apple Cheesecake Filled Butter Cake– you must make this!
Looking for recipes to use this cinnamon caramel sauce on?
Tools I used to make Caramel Sauce:
- OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon Whisk
- New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel 4Pcs Measuring Cups And Spoons Combo Set, Silver
- Cuisinart 719-16 Chef’s Classic Stainless Saucepan with Cover, 1 1/2 Quart
Cinnamon Buttermilk Caramel Sauce
- 6 Tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 stick 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place all of the ingredients except for the vanilla into a medium sized sauce pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, reduce to low. Simmer on low for 8 minutes. Take off the heat, add in the vanilla, let cool slightly, serve and enjoy!
- No Chill Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies - July 1, 2020
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken - June 29, 2020
- 4th of July Party Idea + Chicken Salad with Cranberries - June 25, 2020