This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyCalphalonKitchen #CollectiveBias
Mississippi Pot Roast is the most flavorful roast you will ever make!
Made in the slow cooker, this Mississippi Pot Roast goes together in minutes, and slow cooks for hours.
Resulting in an extremely tender and crowd-pleasing meal.
Mississippi Pot Roast
This recipe is by far the best pot roast I have ever made – or tasted!
You won’t believe how easier it is to put together too!
This Mississippi Pot Roast has one 5 ingredients: Chuck Roast, Au Jus seasoning packet, Ranch seasoning packet, butter, and pepperoncini peppers!
What really sets this roast apart is letting it slow cook for hours.
For this pot roast recipe, I used my new favorite small kitchen appliance, my Calphalon Precision™ Control Slow Cooker!
To purchase, just hover over the above image!
I got my slow cooker at Target.
Calphalon is the #1 cookware brand in the US. With their superior durability, ultimate performance, and functional elegance.
What I love about this new line of precision cookware from Calphalon is how versatile it is.
This slow cooker can go straight from the stove top into the slow cooker base and cook for hours. That’s right – you can SEAR in this slow cooker.
This took slow cooking to the next level for me. All the flavor from searing stays in the pot!
What is Mississippi Pot Roast?
The base recipe for Mississippi pot roast originated with a woman name Robin Chapman of Ripley, MS, according to The New York Times.
Mississippi pot roast comes from the combination of ingredients used to make it.
How to make Mississippi Pot Roast
- Place the base of the Calphalon Precision Control™ Slow Cooker on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Cut excess fat (optional), off the chuck roast and cut it into large manageable chunks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the slow cooker pot. Sear the chuck roast on all sides until golden brown, you may need to do this in batches.
- Place the slow cooker pot into the base, sprinkle top of the meat with one packet of dried au jus seasoning, one packet dried ranch seasoning packet, one stick of butter, and 6-10 pepperoncini peppers.
- Slow cook on low for 8 hours, until the roast, is tender.
You will never make another pot roast recipe once you try this Mississippi pot roast!
Jeremy compared it to one of our favorite fine dining restaurants here in Jacksonville, FL. Just because of how much flavor this recipe has.
This Mississippi pot roast is literally a flavor bomb!
I take the drippings and pour them over the top. I love to serve this roast over mashed potatoes to soak up all that goodness.
Don’t forget to pick up your Calphalon Precision Control™ Slow Cooker at Target. Click here to check out the other appliances in their precision control line!
Reasons why I’m in love with this slow cooker:
- There are programmable timer settings, and once the cooking is done, the slow cooker will keep your food warm for you. No chance of overcooking!
- 1-year limited warranty
- The nonstick coating is easy to clean and is 10x more durable, compared to standard nonstick coating.
How to make Mississippi Pot Roast Slow Cooker
Mississippi Pot Roast
- 2.5 pound chuck roast
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 packet au jus dried seasoning
- 1 packet dried ranch dressing seasoning
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or 1 stick
- 6-10 peperoncini peppers
- Cut off any excess fat* off of the chuck roast, and cut it into large manageable chunks. Season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the pot** over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and sear the meat on all sides. Do this in batches if necessary. Sear until golden brown.
- Place the pot into the slow cooker base. Sprinkle the meat with the au jus and ranch. Add the butter right on top along with the peperoncini peppers. Cook on low for 8 hours until fork tender.