Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies, an easy, tender cookie bursting with cinnamon sugar. The perfect Christmas cookie!
Cream Cheese Cookies, just the name of these has me drooling. But, then add cinnamon to the mix and I’m sold!
If you’ve never had a cream cheese cookie before, they are tender, slightly chewy, and as you can imagine, addictive! I’ve had them plain before but I really wanted to try something new with the basic recipe.
Normally, you will roll the dough balls in powdered sugar, instead, I rolled them in cinnamon sugar! This makes the outside have a slight crunch and a nice cinnamon kick!
I really don’t know why I haven’t tried this sooner. We are suckers for cinnamon desserts in this house and this will be a new Christmas cookie staple around here!
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies Directions:
- Cream together butter and cream cheese, mix in powdered sugar, eggs, vanilla, and flour.
- Let chillax in the fridge for an hour. Roll out 1-inch dough balls, and roll them in yummy cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake until just set, this is important and the key to a tender cream cheese cookie. Let cool for as long as you can, I won’t be liable for any burnt mouths! 😉
How yummy would these be on a huge Christmas cookie spread? Honestly, though, these are perfect year round if you ask me.
It’s always time for cinnamon in my book!
Alternatives and Add-ons:
Want to really take these over the top? How about adding a yummy cream cheese or powdered sugar glaze drizzled over each cookie?? WOW!
Make cream cheese frosting and BOOM: Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookie Sandwiches, wow again!
For even more of a spicy kick, add more cinnamon to the cookie dough. You can add this in at the same time as the flour.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Tools used for this recipe:
- Hand mixer to mix the batter
- Vanilla Bean Paste, this is a must for a great vanilla kick to any baked good.
- Parchment paper, to cover your baking sheet
- Baking sheets, for baking 🙂
- Wired rack, to cool baked goods – and these cookies!
For even more yummy cinnamon cookies, check out these recipes from my favorite bloggers:
- Snow Capped Gingersnaps
- Soft and Chewy Molasses Cookies
- Cinnamon Crinkle Cookies
- Cinnamon Maple Sugar Cookies
This recipe is adapted from Cakescottage.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar until combined. Add egg, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Mix to combine. Add flour in slowly until fully incorporated, scraping the sides as needed. Place in fridge for one hour to rest.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
Roll dough into 1 inch sized balls, about 2 teaspoons worth of dough. Roll until coated in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until just set. Do not overbake, it is hard to tell when these cookies are ready, they will puff up but won't get golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Order My Cookbook!