I wish I thought of this chicken dip sooner, everyone loves it and it is so easy to throw together.
With simple ingredients, this chicken dip is going to be your next go-to appetizer!
Bacon ranch chicken dip is a total crowd pleaser, perfect for everyday snacking or as your Game Day centerpiece!
This post is sponsored by BJ’s Wholesale Club, all opinions are 100% my own.
When I think of chicken dip, normally what comes to mind is buffalo chicken dips. If you love buffalo chicken – try my buffalo chicken wontons!
I personally LOVE everything about buffalo chicken, from the tangy dressing to blue cheese.
BUT, not everyone loves blue cheese and if I were to make a buffalo chicken dip recipe, I would go all out and load it up.
This past weekend my parents were in town and my Dad doesn’t like blue cheese, so no biggie. I still wanted to make a chicken dip recipe though because… yum.
Not everyone loves blue cheese… but you know what everyone DOES like? Ranch. and bacon…. Bacon Ranch Chicken Dip it is!
We had to go to BJ’s Wholesale Club for our monthly shopping trip anyway so I thought why not pick up everything for our epic chicken dip while there?
BJ’s has these amazing rotisserie chickens in the meat/deli section, so naturally, I picked up one for our chicken dip recipe.
I was also able to get everything else for it there as well.
What is in bacon ranch chicken dip?
AKA crack chicken dip – only 5 simple ingredients in this chicken dip recipe:
Dried Ranch Dressing Mix.
Shredded Rotisserie Chicken.
Cheddar Cheese – I prefer sharp cheddar cheese but use what kind you like.
What is chicken dip?
It is called chicken dip because it is literally made with chicken.
We use shredded rotisserie chicken in our recipe, but you can also use canned chicken, baked, or boiled chicken, whatever you prefer!
How to make chicken dip in the oven?
In our recipe, we mix shredded rotisserie chicken with softened cream cheese, cooked back, and cheddar cheese.
It is then baked until bubbly, topped with more cheese then served.
It is a great appetizer to serve during football games or any gathering!
What to serve with chicken dip?
At BJ’s Wholesale Club, they have platters of cut up veggies I like to serve with my bacon ranch chicken dip.
You can also use any cut up veggies you like or even cracker, tortilla chips, whatever you wish!
This is a very hearty dip though, so I suggest having a butter knife or spoon handy for serving.
Can you freeze chicken dip?
Yes! Just add any leftover chicken dip to an airtight container.
Freeze for up to three months. Let the dip thaw completely before adding to an oven safe dish and reheating in the oven.
If you are interested in becoming a member of BJ’s Wholesale Club like me, then just click on this link to register.
Just for signing up you and I will both receive a $25 BJ’s gift card, score!
How to make hot chicken dip
Bacon Ranch Chicken Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 package dried ranch dressing mix*
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon diced small, cooked until crispy and drained
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded chicken**
- 2 scallions thinly sliced, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer or in a stand mixer, mix together the cream cheese and ranch seasoning until smooth. Mix in the bacon, 3 cups of the cheddar cheese, and the chicken.
- Place mixture into a 9-inch baking pan. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes until bubbly. Top with remaining cheese, bake an additional 5 minutes until melted.
- Serve chicken dip warm with dippers of your choice such as celery, tortilla chips, or crackers.
Latest posts by Dana DeVolk (see all)
- White Chocolate Truffles - February 25, 2020
- Easy Grilled Asparagus Recipe (Ready in Under 15 Minutes!) - February 24, 2020
- Marble Oreo Truffles - February 21, 2020