Bruschetta Grilled Shrimp, flavorful grilled shrimp topped with classic tomato bruschetta!
Bruschetta Grilled Shrimp, easy and bursting with flavor, for the perfect summertime cookout! This post is sponsored by BJ’s Wholesale Club, all opinions are 100% my own. #BJsSmartSaver
Once you take one bite of these shrimp skewers you will be wondering why you didn’t make them sooner! They have a light yet extremely flavorful marinade, perfect on their own or paired with homemade bruschetta.
Classic bruschetta made with ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, olive oil, and garlic. Make it on its own with a toasted baguette or with these amazing grilled shrimp.
Take me to the recipe for
Bruschetta Grilled Shrimp already!
Thank you so much for your eagerness to view my recipe.
If you would rather not hear my super helpful tips and tricks, FAQ, and my overall awesomeness and get straight to this delicious Bruschetta Grilled Shrimp recipe – you can very easily scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for the full printable FREE recipe! Bon appetit.
Everything for these shrimp kabobs I got at BJ’s Wholesale Club. You all know by now I love BJ’s and do one huge shopping trip a month there.
While I was there this past weekend I needed some items for a small get together. I noticed they have portions of potato salad, pasta salad, chicken salad and more already ready and packaged up along with fruit trays, veggie trays, and bakery items.
Life has been super hectic here lately and knew I wouldn’t have a lot of time to spend on making a few dishes for our friends. So, I thought quick and decided to grab Red Bliss Potato Salad from Wellsley Farms and a fruit tray.
I also grabbed everything I needed for my bruschetta shrimp. The shrimp kabobs cook up extremely fast so they are the perfect recipe to use when you need something super delicious yet quick.
Hello, perfect weeknight meal!
Anyways, as you know I love to put my own little twist on everything. So, with the potato salad, I added a couple things to jazz it up a bit and make it seem like homemade.
I added 2 heaping tablespoons of Wellsley Farms prepared pesto (I found it refrigerated by the specialty cheeses) and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella. Instant Pesto Potato Salad, yum!
Just a little entertainment tip from me to you. A little semi-homemade yumminess never hurt anyone!
I wanted to round our meal with something healthy that can be considered an appetizer, side dish, or dessert so the fruit tray was a perfect choice!
Plus, I personally love having fresh cut fruit for breakfast. It can also be super expensive to buy cut fruit at the store, so stocking up on a couple fruit trays has my breakfast done for the whole week.
Another entertainment hack if you purchase store-bought foods, just place it on a nice plate or tray for serving. It will instantly make anything look more homemade and that little attention to detail goes a long way.
For this recipe, I used the Wellsley Farms Colossal Uncooked Shrimp, 1.5 lbs that I found at BJ’s Wholesale Club. You can use any sized shrimp, but the larger ones are our favorite.
They also make it a lot easier to cook on the grill, plus look nicer for a party. I left the tails on for presentation purposes but, to make it easier to eat for an everyday meal, take the tails off before marinating.
How to make grilled shrimp:
- Clean shrimp if needed. Make marinade, pour marinade into a gallon ziplock bag. Place shrimp in the bag, place in refrigerator for at least one hour, up to 6 hours.
- Take shrimp out of the bag, discard remaining marinade. Skewer shrimp making sure the skewer goes through each shrimp twice, as pictured.
- Prepare grill, making sure grill is extremely hot. Grill shrimp about 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve with bruschetta or by themselves.
Always make sure your grill is very hot when grilling items that cook fast. You want to ensure you get grill marks on them because that is what makes grilling so delicious!
I also served up my easy grilled asparagus, because… yum. And, I never grill out without them!
If you are super pressed for time, you can always order one of BJ’s delicious deli platters online and pick it up in less than 36 hours. Perfect for entertaining or just to keep on hand for snacking purposes!
If you are interested in becoming a member of BJ’s Wholesale Club like me, then just click on this link to register.
Just for signing up you and I will both receive a $25 BJ’s gift card, score!
More yummy grilled shrimp recipes from my favorite bloggers:
Bruschetta Grilled Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds colossal shrimp* shells removed, deveined
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh squeezed, about 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 cracks fresh black pepper
- 1 heaping tablespoon prepared pesto
- pinch red pepper flakes**
- 1 pint grape tomatoes small dice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white balsamic*** vinegar
- 6 basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cracks fresh black pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Place shrimp in a gallon plastic bag, set aside. Whisk together the garlic, lemon, olive oil, sugar, salt, pepper, pesto, and pepper flakes until combined. Pour marinade into the bag with the shrimp. Massage marinade into the shrimp until they are fully coated. Place in the fridge for at least one hour, up to 6 hours.
- Take shrimp out of the bag, discard remaining marinade. Using skewers, skewer shrimp making sure to skewer it in two places, see photos for details. Grill over high heat for about 3 minutes on each side, until your desired temperature. Serve with bruschetta.
- Place the diced tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic in a medium-sized bowl. Stir to combine, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour or until ready to serve. The longer this sits, the better it gets.