This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SeasonedGreetings #CollectiveBias
Chipotle Bang Bang Shrimp, pan fried shrimp tossed in a creamy sweet and smokey sauce!
Wow, I have really been bombarding you with some deliciousness recently, huh?! Along with all these amazing recipes comes what’s behind the scenes… lots of NOT so amazing pounds. ahem. ‘Tis the season, right?! haha… ha.
ANYways, who doesn’t need another appetizer recipe? You KNOW I love them. I can’t get enough of delicious party food! One of the most popular appetizers around the holidays has to be shrimp cocktail. How about instead of the boring standby you serve this delicious recipe instead?! Your guests will go crazy over my take on the classic bonefish grill appetizer bang bang shrimp! Adding some smokey Tabasco Chipotle sauce really give it an extra layer of deliciousness without adding much heat like your would expect.
I picked up a couple different flavors from Tabasco including the Original Red, Green Jalapeno and next on my list to get is the Tabasco brad Sriracha Thai Chili Sauce, yum!
I found them in the condiment aisle:
Right now the Chipotle is my favorite flavor, it is just so versatile. I’m making a huge batch of chili next week and I’m going to add some for a smokey touch! I got mine at Walmart on my weekly shopping trip.
Chipotle Bang Bang ShrimpPrint
- 1 pound small to medium shrimp I used 40-50 count, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- pinch of salt
- vegetable oil for frying
- Make the sauce before hand by mixing the mayo, Tabasco Chipotle sauce, honey and salt in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel. Toss shrimp with the onion powder, garlic powder and pepper in a bag until coated. Add in the cornstarch and toss until coated. Heat a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat add in just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. When oil is hot, add in the shrimp in batches so they don't touch. Shrimp cook very fast, two to three minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to absorb the excess oil. Place in a bowl with half of the sauce. Toss until coated. Serve with more sauce on the side and enjoy!
Chipotle Bang Bang Shrimp Step by Step Directions
Heat a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat add in just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. When oil is hot, add in the shrimp in batches so they don’t touch. Shrimp cook very fast, two to three minutes per side.
Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to absorb the excess oil. Place in a bowl with half of the sauce.
Watch out, these are addictive!
To be honest, I think these are BETTER than Bonefish, but hey, that’s just me! Why don’t you try them out for yourself?!
What are some of your party food tips?