This is a sponsored post on behalf of Wright® Brand Bacon. All opinions are 100% my own.
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad, the name says it all, roasted potatoes combined in a creamy dressing with fresh dill and scallions!
Ugh, who doesn’t love a good potato salad?! I do too, and I love experimenting with new mix-ins! Jeremy likes a more traditional style, where I like to jazz it up a bit! Using today’s sponsor, Wright® Brand Bacon, I made this killer cheddar bacon ranch potato salad. Pretty much all my favorite things in the same bowl! (Except for chocolate… that would be icky.)
I used roasted potatoes this time to get an additional texture and unique flavor to the dish. Using Thicker Cut Wright® Brand Bacon really gives it a meaty texture and helps the bacon stand out and not fight with the other strong flavors.
You can get Wright® Brand Bacon at Walmart, I got a great value at Walmart! Wright® Brand Bacon makes a bold statement to dishes and it’s not just for breakfast! Adding it into my potato salad makes it a fantastic side dish (or entire meal if you’re like me!) to any lunch or dinner! How yummy would this be at your picnic or pool side lunch this summer?? With varieties like Thicker Cut, Meatier Slices, Heartier Flavor, Naturally Hardwood Smoked, Wright® Brand Bacon is the Bigger Better Bacon!
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- 4 Cups medium diced yellow gold potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices Wright® Brand Bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces (any variety you like, I used the Thicker Cut)
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning the packet kind
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 scallion sliced thin, green part only
- 1/4 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss potatoes with the olive oil, salt and pepper.) Spread out in an even layer on a sheet tray and bake for 45 minutes or until lightly golden brown and cooked through. Half way through the cooking process, flip potatoes over. Take out of the oven and let cool completely. (I made these the night before, placed in a zip lock bag after cooled to use the next day. Great time saver!)
- Cook bacon over medium heat until extra crispy. You want the bacon very crispy so it doesn't turn soggy in the salad. Discard bacon grease and let bacon cool on a paper towel to absorb excess grease, set aside.
- Make the dressing by combining the mayo, sour cream and ranch seasoning, stir to combine.
- Add the bacon, potatoes, scallions, dill, parsley and cheese in a medium sized bowl. Dress with the amount of dressing you like, I used about half. Place in fridge for one hour to get extra cold, serve and enjoy!!
YUMMM, I can’t get over the deliciousness of this potato salad! I always ask for homemade ranch with my fries so it was a no brainer putting this one together!
Ugh, a sprinkling of that Wright Brand® Bacon on top gives it that extra crispy crunch! BUT, go easy on the salt, there are many salty items already in the potato salad, so add any additional sparingly!
I really hope you enjoyed this potato salad recipe today! I found Wright Brand® Bacon by the bacon in Walmart but down in the case itself, not on a shelf. Just a heads up!!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wright Brand® Bacon. The opinions and text are all mine.