Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad, the name says it all, roasted potatoes combined in a creamy dressing with fresh dill and scallions!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 4 -6 servings
- 4 Cups medium diced yellow gold potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices Wright® Brand Bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces (any variety you like, I used the Thicker Cut)
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning the packet kind
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 scallion sliced thin, green part only
- 1/4 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss potatoes with the olive oil, salt and pepper.) Spread out in an even layer on a sheet tray and bake for 45 minutes or until lightly golden brown and cooked through. Half way through the cooking process, flip potatoes over. Take out of the oven and let cool completely. (I made these the night before, placed in a zip lock bag after cooled to use the next day. Great time saver!)
Cook bacon over medium heat until extra crispy. You want the bacon very crispy so it doesn't turn soggy in the salad. Discard bacon grease and let bacon cool on a paper towel to absorb excess grease, set aside.
Make the dressing by combining the mayo, sour cream and ranch seasoning, stir to combine.
Add the bacon, potatoes, scallions, dill, parsley and cheese in a medium sized bowl. Dress with the amount of dressing you like, I used about half. Place in fridge for one hour to get extra cold, serve and enjoy!!