Caramel Apple Cheesecake Filled Butter Cake, classic Kentucky butter cake gets turned up with a cheesecake filling, bits of apple throughout and topped with cinnamon caramel sauce.
As you can tell from the title of this post/recipe, this is one epic cake! Everything I love about fall is in this one cake. Well, everything I love about desserts in general is in this cake, but it seems extra fitting for fall!
It sounds complicated… it’s not. The butter cake comes together super fast, I even used store bought apple pie filling to add an apple touch. Throught the cake you will get a bite of apple and it just bring a sweet warmth to the whole dessert.
I decoarted the cake with a store bought caramel apple, totally optional of couse but I think it makes for one impressive presentation! Plus, you know right away it is a caramel apple cake, YUM!
The cheesecake filling is dynamite. To me, it just adds this amazing rich, moist texture to the cake. Then, the cake is soaked with the classic Kentucky butter cake sauce, but of course I added my Cinnamon Buttermilk Caramel Sauce to bring all the flavors together.
Ugh, your friends and family will be begging you for this recipe!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Filled Butter Cake
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 Cup butter melted
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time until fully mixed. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon, set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk and vanilla.
- Alternating between the flour mixture and the buttermilk mixture a little at a time, add to the butter mixture starting with the dry ingredients. Once everything is fully combined, fold in the apples and caramel bits. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Place half of the cake batter into a well greased bundt pan. Spoon the cheese filling into the center, making sure not to touch the sides of the pan. Top off with the rest of the cake batter.
- Bake for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean (a little moisture is okay). Let cool on a wired rack.
- While the cake is cooling, make the butter sauce by combining all the ingredients.
- Poke the cake while it is still in the pan with lots of holes all over. You can use a skewer for this or a fork. Slowly, laddle on the butter sauce. Let it absorb and keep pouring, it will absorb it all!
- Let cool completely. Take out of pan and top with Cinnamon Buttermilk Caramel Sauce. Serve and enjoy!
I just love how the caramel sauce just makes the outside so shiny! I wish I could jump into the screen.
Wow, I know you will love this recipe!!