Chicken tenders are a classic dish kids to adults all love.
These chicken tenders are baked, with a flavorful parmesan coating that gets rave reviews each time I make them!
PIN IT NOW TO SAVE FOR LATER!
These baked chicken tenders are truly a flavor explosion.
I love to make them during the week because they are on the table in 20 minutes or less!
This recipe for parmesan chicken tenders is also super simple using pantry ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Take me to the recipe for
Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders already!
Thank you so much for your eagerness to view my recipe.
If you would rather not hear my super helpful tips and tricks, FAQ, and my overall awesomeness and get straight to this delicious Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders recipe – you can very easily scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for the full printable FREE recipe! Bon appetit.
Baked Chicken Tenders
Simple pantry ingredients needed:
- Dried spices (oregano and basil to be exact!)
- Parmesan cheese (now, I do splurge and use the good stuff – Parmigiano-Reggiano, but feel free to use whatever parmesan cheese you have)
- Breadcrumbs, I love using panko breadcrumbs for this recipe because it gives them such a nice crunch! But, regular breadcrumbs are fine, or even Italian seasoned, whatever you got will do!
How to prepare chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lay chicken tenders on a sheet tray lined with foil for each cleanup.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, spices, and cheese. Spread on top of the tenders evenly.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until the chicken tenders reach an internal temperature of 165°F and they are golden brown and bubbly.
- That’s it – you can’t get any easier!
Can I use chicken breasts if I don’t have chicken tenders?
Yes, just cut the boneless skinless chicken breasts against the grain into 1-inch strips.
Make the rest of the recipe per the directions! I’ve made them both with chicken breast strips or chicken tenders and both versions come out perfectly every time.
What to serve with chicken tenders?
Basically, any side items go perfectly with these baked chicken tenders. I serve them a lot just by themselves with a side salad with my creamy garlic salad dressing.
Baked chicken tender recipes are a must for busy families.
They are seriously just flat-out easy to make. Prep time for this recipe, in particular, is about 5 minutes.
What are parmesan baked chicken tenders?
Normally, when you think of baked chicken tenders they are breaded and then baked. This recipe is a little different – but WAY more flavorful.
The mayonnaise mixture is what sets this recipe apart. It is loaded with garlicky-herby-deliciousness and addictive.
What are chicken tenders?
I have seen a lot of questions asking where chicken tenders come from.
Chicken tenders, or chicken tenderloins, are a part of the breast. The tender itself runs along the bottom side of the breast, where the meat meets the bone.
Since chicken tenders are part of the breast, they are considered white meat chicken.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Tools used to make baked chicken tenders:
How to make chicken tenders
Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese fresh grated, or parmesan cheese of your choice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 5 cracks fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs of your choice
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place chicken tenders about 2 inches apart (just make sure they are not touching) onto a foil-lined sheet tray* sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the parmesan, mayo, salt, oregano, basil, pepper, and garlic powder. Evely spread mixture on top of each chicken tender.
- Top each tender evenly with the breadcrumbs. Bake for 13-15 minutes until the internal temperature of the tenders reaches 165°F, they will be golden brown and bubbly.