Greetings from Turks & Caicos, This Silly Girl’s Kitchen friends! I am currently attended Beaches Moms Social Media On The Sand Conference at the beautiful Beaches resort there. I know- tough job right? It’s an incredible place for families to visit.
I will be sharing more at Penney Lane in the upcoming few weeks but for now I have my favorite shot from paradise (so far) and a super easy recipe I made for dinner this week before I left. (I was scrambling to get my kids’ clothes together for my mom who has come to help my husband while I’m out of town, make sure they have groceries, and leave notes to help Mom and Grandma for things like “Wear Your Favorite College Tee shirt day.”
Yes, the water is that blue. I can’t wait to bring my family back.
I have a foil packet recipe on my blog that continues to be one of my most popular two years later. I made it on vacation when I wanted a low maintenance meal but it was so good it has become a go to on busy nights. I adapted it this week using chicken instead of sausage and changed up the seasoning a bit.
Italian Lemon Chicken Foil Packet
Italian Lemon Chicken
- 1 pound of chicken tenderloins trimmed
- 1 pound red potatoes cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 large red onions cut into large chunks
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lemon sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425
- line a baking pan or dish with aluminum foil (enough to wrap around the ingredients and make a packet with room for a vent)
- Place chicken potatoes and onion in a large bowl and toss to coat with olive oil.
- Add lemon juice and all seasonings and toss to coat again.
- Arrange the potatoes, onion, and chicken in the middle of the foil and top with the thin sliced lemon.
- Close the ends of the packet and roll down the top of the foil packet leaving enough room to vent the heat.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and chicken is done.