This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s your girl… coming back at ya with this ah-mazing… Crack Chicken Noodle Casserole, oh yes I did!
Wanna know the best part? Other than it’s amazingly delicious… and amazingly easy. AND, it will amaze your family and friends??
I cheated and used leftover rotisserie chicken… prep time cut IN HALF. Oh yes!
Rotisserie chicken mixed with noodles, cheddar cheese, ranch seasoning, bacon, all in a creamy sauce, and topped with crushed butter crackers -baked to ooey gooey bubbly perfection!
I mean, I was at Walmart anyway… like I do. And, let’s face it, you heard it before…. quarantine. I’m cooking a lot. And, I cook a lot… so that means I’m cooking A LOT!!!
Mama needed a break. I’m still being a good girl and practicing social distancing and going out as little as possible. Shout out to Walmart grocery pick up, they have been extra helpful lately.
So I popped into the store because I like to pick out most of my own fruit/veg and meats. (Or I like to say I do so I can get 5 more minutes of “me time” in.) I saw at the hot deli right when I walked in that they had this $10 meal deal going on.
Only $10, TEN for a ton of food to feed the whole family. That’s a $6 savings!
I’m talking 2 rotisserie chickens (my fav! #rotisseriechickenislife ) PLUS 1 pound of mashed potatoes with gravy AND 1 pound of mac and cheese. What kind of sorcery is this?!
Two rotisserie chickens?
Eat one now, shred it up and use it in cranberry chicken salad tomorrow, or chicken parmesan spaghetti casserole, or bbq pulled chicken sliders… the ideas are endless.
That’s what I did..yet again! You know I love to pick up lunch at the hot deli. I got a little dessert too hehe
I went a little crazy and picked up two deals because well… $10. I shredded up the leftovers and placed them in plastic bags and froze them for meals.
I used the leftovers to make today’s epic chicken noodle casserole recipe.
#ProTip shred chicken when it’s still warm, it’s easier to separate. You’re welcome.
So we had a great lunch! Let me tell you a little bit about these sides though.
The mashed potatoes are made with real potatoes, milk, and butter. That’s it. All made and grown in the USA.
The signature macaroni and cheese is made with semolina pasta, 5 kinds of cheese, and milk. Again, all ingredients are made and raised in the USA.
What is crack chicken?
Tools needed to make chicken noodle casserole
- Cutting Board
- Large Bowl
- 9×13 inch baking dish
- Measuring cups and spoons
Grocery and pantry items needed
- Thick Cut Bacon
- Leftover Rotisserie Chicken, or cooked chicken
- Cellentani noodles, or macaroni noodles
- ranch dressing mix
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- chicken stock
- butter crackers
I highly suggest going with the low sodium option for all the ingredients that you can. A lot of them pack a huge salt punch, so be aware of that beforehand.
How to make crack chicken noodle casserole
- Make sure you have all your ingredients on hand first. Some items need to be premade such as the pasta needs to be boiled, the bacon cooked crispy, the chicken shredded, after that it’s just mixing, pour and bake!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease your baking dish and set aside.
- Place all your ingredients in a large bowl beside the 1/2 cup of the cheese, the butter cracks, butter, and scallions, mix to combine fully.
- Top with the remaining cheese. Mix the crushed crackers with melted butter, place that on top.
- Bake until bubbly, 40-50 minutes. SERVE!
This meal feeds a crowd, or leftovers, my fav!
What can I say about this casserole to make you realize just how delicious it is?
I mean it has everything good in it, rotisserie chicken, pasta, BACON, cheese… what’s not to love??
Plus using your leftover rotisserie chicken from Walmart makes this go together in no time and I love that!
What are your favorite dishes to add leftover rotisserie chicken to?
Don’t forget to head out to your local Walmart and since you’re going there anyway, I highly suggest picking up one of their $10 meal deals.
Again, 2 rotisseries chickens, 1 pound of mac and cheese, 1 pound of mashed potatoes with gravy or wedges… score!
Crack Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 6 slices thick cut bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken
- 2 cups dried cellentani noodles or macaroni noodles, cooked per directions on box and drained
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 & 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 & 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 & 1/2 cup low sodium butter crackers crushed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 scallion thinly sliced, garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the bacon, chicken, cooked noodles, ranch, 1 cup of the cheddar, sour cream, mayonnaise, and chicken stock, mix to combine fully. Pour into the baking dish. Top with the remaining cheddar. In a small bowl mix together the crushed crackers with the butter and top the casserole with this mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until bubbly. Let cool slightly, garnish with optional scallions and serve.
- Overnight French Toast - August 3, 2020
- Creamy Greek Pasta Salad - July 29, 2020
- Peel and Eat Shrimp Cocktail (Plus Cocktail Sauce Recipe!) - July 27, 2020