Baked apples are an easy dessert the whole family will love. Butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon glazed baked apples – such an easy recipe!
This is one of those… ‘why didn’t I make these sooner?!’ types of recipes. These baked apples are like a mini apple pie without the hassle.
Loaded with brown sugar and cinnamon, this baked apples recipe is what fall dreams are made of!
What I really love about this recipe is how easy it is. Make sure to use a baking apple like a Granny Smith, as pictured here.
How to cook baked apples in the oven?
- Cut apples in half length-wise. Scoop out the core and seeds, I used a melon baller to do this.
- Place butter into the center of the apple halves. Sprinkle with the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until fork-tender, that’s it!
I don’t know about you but I just LOVE a dessert that has both warm and cold elements. Pairing these easy oven-baked apples with ice cream is my ultimate dream dessert.
What are baking apples types?
The best types of apples to bake with are apples with a firmer flesh. A classic baking apple is the Granny Smith like I used here.
According to Midwest Living other great baking apples include Honeycrisp, Gala, and Golden Delicious.
What to serve with bake apple recipes?
I served mine with my no-churn caramel ice cream recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Tools used to make this easy baked apples recipe
How to make baked apples
- 2 baking apples*
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut apples in half length-wise. Scoop out core and seeds, I used a melon baller. Place apples cut side up in a baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Divide the butter between the apples. Sprinkle each apple with 2 teaspoons of the brown sugar. Sprinkle each apple with 1/8 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Lightly sprinkle the tops with the pinch of salt.
- Bake for 45 minutes until apples are tender. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.