Baked apples are an easy dessert the whole family will love. Butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon glazed baked apples – such an easy recipe!
This is one of those… ‘why didn’t I make these sooner?!’ types of recipes. These baked apples are like a mini apple pie without the hassle.
Loaded with brown sugar and cinnamon, this baked apples recipe is what fall dreams are made of!
What I really love about this recipe is how easy it is. Make sure to use a baking apple like a Granny Smith, as pictured here.
How to cook baked apples in the oven?
- Cut apples in half length-wise. Scoop out the core and seeds, I used a melon baller to do this.
- Place butter into the center of the apple halves. Sprinkle with the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until fork tender, that’s it!
I don’t know about you but I just LOVE a dessert that has both warm and cold elements. Pairing these easy oven baked apples with ice cream is my ultimate dream dessert.
What are baking apples types?
The best types of apples to bake with are apples with a firmer flesh. A classic baking apple is the Granny Smith like I used here.
According to Midwest Living other great baking apples include Honeycrisp, Gala, and Golden Delicious.
What to serve with bake apple recipes?
I served mine with my no churn caramel ice cream recipe (coming soon!).
This post may contain affiliate links.
Tools used to make this easy baked apples recipe
How to make baked apples
- 2 baking apples*
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut apples in half length-wise. Scoop out core and seeds, I used a melon baller. Place apples cut side up in a baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Divide the butter between the apples. Sprinkle each apple with 2 teaspoons of the brown sugar. Sprinkle each apple with 1/8 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Lightly sprinkle the tops with the pinch of salt.
- Bake for 45 minutes until apples are tender. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.