Apple Pie Cinnamon Twists, apple pie turned into a breakfast treat, dripping with vanilla bean glaze!
Ahh, is there nothing better then a good ole slice of American apple pie?! I think no! Warm and gooey with a hint of cinnamon, I’m in Heaven just thinking about it!
How about I tell you that you can have apple pie for breakfast? Intrigued yet? Well, look no further because your dreams have come true!
Apple pie cinnamon twists dripping with sweet vanilla bean glaze, your new go-to breakfast! Or snack, or dessert! They are so good, you will find any excuse to whip up a batch.
Not to mention the simplicity of this recipe, wow! Your family and friends will think you were slaving in the kitchen for hours whipping these up. But, it only takes about 20 minutes in total! With 15 minutes of that time waiting for these cuties to bake right up.
Apple Pie Cinnamon Twists
- 1 Cup apple pie filling
- 2 Tablespoons coars sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pre-made pie crusts
- 1 egg + 1 teaspoon water lightly beaten together
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place apple pie filling into a food processor and process until smooth but slightly chunky. Set aside.
- Mix together coarse sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Thaw pie crust per directions on the back of the box before starting process. Lay out one pie crust and evely coat with 1/3 of the sugar mixture. Layer the apple pie filling on top, evenly smoothing it out. Layer on the second pie crust, top with another 1/3 of the coarse sugar mixture.
- Taking a pizza cutter, cut off sides until it is a squre shape. Cut 1/2 inch thin strips cross wise. Cut in half per photos in post.
- Taking one piece at a time, gently twist and place on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Lightly brush each piece with egg wash. Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture on each piece. Bake for 15 minutes, until slightly golden brown. Place sheet tray on wired rack to cool
- While twists are cooling, mix together the powdered sugar, cream/milk and vanilla paste to form the glaze. Glaze twists by using a piping bag, or just drizzling it over each piece with a fork or spoon. Serve warm, enjoy!
It might sound a little complicated but they really can’t be easier!
All that drippy glaze really sets them off!
I really hope your enjoyed today’s post! What is your favorite way to eat apple pie??
Order My Cookbook!