White Chicken Chili, a simple chili made with chicken, beans, corn, and lots of yummy spices.
You need to make this white chicken chili asap!
White Chicken Chili is a low-calorie option to traditional chili.
Don’t let the “low cal” title fool you, this chili is FULL of flavor and goodies.
Jeremy and I are back to eating healthier again. I know, I know, every few months I’m on here letting you know we have finally done it, we are finally living a “healthier” lifestyle.
Well, it’s true. Losing weight and staying healthy is hard… especially for me when I know that more fat is more flavor and I just LOVE to make my man happy.
But, like a lot of people, we just fall off little by little and before we know it we are right back at our original heavy weight. So, once again I’m here cooking up better-for-you recipes.
Take me to the recipe for White Chicken Chili already!
Thank you so much for your eagerness to view my recipe.
If you would rather not hear my super helpful tips and tricks, FAQ, and my overall awesomeness and get straight to this delicious White Chicken Chili – you can very easily scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for the full printable FREE recipe! Bon appetit.
This white chicken chili recipe I have already made multiple times. I’ve been eating it for lunch, it is a perfect mid-day meal on a cool, crisp fall day.
Chili to me is warm and fuzzy and I just love wrapping my paws around a steaming cup! I top it off with a little sour cream, cilantro, and a dusting of chipotle powder for an extra kick!
How to make White Chicken Chili:
Place two large chicken breasts in a pot with chicken stock, water, and chicken tomato bouillion.
Add lots of yummy spices. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer for about an hour.
Shred or dice chicken and add it back to the pot.
Add one can beans. Mash another can of beans and add it to the pot. Add charred or fresh corn and simmer an additional 20 minutes.
Thicken slightly with a cornstarch slurry. Garnish with toppings like sour cream, cheese, cilantro, or scallions!
White chili beans with chicken- lots of flavor and perfect for lunch and dinner!
Alternatives and Add-Ons:
Since this is a “chili” I didn’t go nuts adding additional veggies. But, if you would like to make this more of a chicken chili soup you can add as many veggies as you want.
I recommend adding:
- A traditional mirepoix of diced celery, carrot, and onion.
- Potatoes, use a tender skin potato and you don’t have to peel them!
- Double up on the corn!
- A can of diced tomatoes with chiles will add wonders to this as well, with a nice kick!
- Zucchini or squash would go amazingly.
I don’t have time to wait for the chicken to cook, any suggestions?
Yes, you can use any leftover chicken you already have on hand. Or, you can also purchase a rotisserie chicken and shred or dice two breasts or about 3 cups of meat!
Talk about another great 30-minute soup using a rotisserie chicken!
More yummy chicken chili recipes:
- White Bean Chicken Chili
- White Chicken Chili (Slow Cooker Directions!)
- Three Chile White Chicken Chili
What is the calorie count for this recipe?
This recipe can easily have 4-6 servings. Six if you are serving it more as an appetizer, four for a meal.
The whole pot is roughly 1100 calories. For four servings that is 275 calories per or for 6 servings, 183 calories per.
These amounts are an estimate since I am not a nutritionist and I do not know the exact ingredients you might use. Also, this is before any garnishes.
What spices do you put in white chicken chili?
How long can you keep white chicken chili?
Stored in the refrigerate it should last 3-4 days.
Now go make some white bean chicken chili! Your taste buds will thank you!
Tools used to make White Chicken Chili:
- Chef’s knife, every kitchen needs one!
- Cutting board, I love these non-slip ones.
- Large pot, to cook soups, stews, and CHILI!
- Griddle pan, I use this to char my corn but it’s great for making paninis or for indoor grilling.
Low Cal White Chicken Chili
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken tomato bouillon cube
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ear of corn fresh or charred, cut off the cob
- 2 cans great northern beans, or any white beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large pot, add the chicken, stock, water, bouillon, spices, bay leaf, and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for one hour.
- Take chicken out of the liquid and let cool to the touch. Once cool, dice or shred it and add it back to the pot.
- Add the corn to the pot along with one of the cans of beans. Take the other can of beans and mash them. Place mashed beans into the pot. Simmer an additional 20 minutes uncovered.
- Mix together the cornstarch and the water in a small bowl. While whisking continuously, slowly pour in the cornstarch slurry. Simmer an additional three minutes until thickened. Serve with desired garnishes.