Sweet and Spicy Corn Relish, roasted corn is pickled with jalapenos, a perfect topping for salads or sandwiches!
Yum, talk about a flavor explosion! Fresh roasted corn, thinly sliced jalapenos, and garlic sit in a pickling liquid overnight.
This is such a fresh topping for salads to sandwiches or just eat it as is! It is sweet, a touch spicy and tart, you can’t ask for much more from a relish!
- 4 ears of corn, husked (I used bi-color for this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced jalapeno
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup ice water
- cooking spray
- Lightly spray corn with cooking spray. Roast corn over a grill or on a grill pan over medium high heat until lightly roasted. Let cool.
- Cut corn off the cob and add it to a large container with the jalapeno and garlic. Set aside.
- Make the pickling liquid by adding the vinegar, sugar, and salt to a small sauce pot. Over medium heat stir occasionally until the sugar and salt is dissolved. Take off the heat and add the ice water, stir until ice melts.
- Pour liquid into the container with the corn, stir to combine. Place a top on the container and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
It can’t get much easier either. Here is a quick video tutorial:
Yum! See how easy it is?? This will be a great accompaniment to so many items at your next cook out.
My favorite way to enjoy this corn relish is on top of salads or in a wrap at lunch! It has just that pop of flavor that you need to elevate your dish.
What do you think? Would you and your family enjoy a relish like this one??
Order My Cookbook!