Welcome to the first Tuesday in May and a whole new recipe series! In case you aren’t familiar with our monthly series, Parrish from Life with the Crust Cut Off and I bring you a new series themed recipe each week for the month. This month we are focusing on grilling recipes! I hope by now you are getting warmer weather and being able to enjoy the outdoors! Here in Florida I have already been grilling for a couple months and I have been dying to showcase some more grilling recipes for you all! Today I have for you a super fresh corn and tomato salad.
Fresh Grilled Corn and Tomato Salad
Grilled corn on the cob mixed with ripe grape tomatoes tossed in a light fresh basil vinaigrette, you can serve it warm or cold but the longer it sits the better!
I personally like it better cold, so make sure you grill the corn ahead of time and make the salad a few hours in advance before serving it chilled!
- 6 ears of corn
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 8 basil leaves, julienne
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove out husk and silks from corn. Grill on oiled grill gates over medium high heat. You are looking to get the outside slightly charred, about 10 minutes rotating every few minutes. Take corn off the grill and set aside.
- Slice grape tomatoes in half and add to a large bowl.
- When the corn is cool enough to be handled, cut the kernels off the cob and place in the bowl with the tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients for the vinaigrette. Pour vinaigrette over the corn and tomato mixture.
- Place in fridge a few hours in advance until ready to serve or serve immediately if you prefer it warm. Enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
Yum! Doesn’t this just look like summer in a bowl??
I hope you like this recipes, what are your favorite veggies to grill??
Don’t forget to check out Parrish’s recipe for Grilled Chicken Bacon Ranch Nachos by clicking on the image below!
Last series recipe, Spring Desserts! Just click on the links below the collage!
Order My Cookbook!