Cheesecake Salad, a blend of tropical fruits in a luscious cheesecake fruit salad dressing.
A refreshing tropical cheesecake salad recipe perfect for summer!
Tropical Cheesecake Salad
Oh yes, my friends…. tropical cheesecake salad!! Who knew fruit salad could get any better?? This post is sponsored by Southern Breeze, the sweet tea with zero calories, all opinions are 100% my own. Check the end of this post for a fun giveaway!
When I think of sweet treats for the summer, immediately I think of something bright, light, and fruity. But, above all else, it has to go with my staple summertime beverage, sweet tea!
As you know, Southern Breeze and I are basically bff’s at this point. I love this cold brew sweet tea with zero calories!
Original Southern Breeze is always my go-to but now that the weather has turned “tropical” here in Florida, I’ve been mixing up my afternoon me time with a cold glass of raspberry sweet tea. Plus, the raspberry flavor goes PERFECTLY with this cheesecake salad.
Other flavors from Southern Breeze are half & half and peach! This cold brew tea is single serve and easy to enjoy on-the-go or at home. Just pour 8oz of water over one tea bag, let it steep for 5 minutes, toss the tea bag, and pour over ice – its that easy!
A small portion of this fruit salad with an ice cold glass of raspberry sweet tea with zero calories has made these hot days a lot more bearable!
What is cheesecake salad?
The most classic cheesecake salad is just plain old strawberry cheesecake salad. This cheesecake salad has a LOT more going on.
Mangoes, pineapple, kiwi, strawberries, bananas, blueberries, and mandarin oranges all tossed in a creamy fruit salad sauce.
The “cheesecake” part of cheesecake salad comes from the sauce consisting of, in this case, cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and whipping cream.
It is an easy, slightly healthier alternative to a slice of cheesecake. With all those fruits you don’t have to feel too guilty about having a little sweet treat. All in moderation, of course!
That’s why Southern Breeze zero calorie sweet tea in raspberry is the perfect pairing for this fruit salad.
How to make tropical cheesecake fruit salad:
- Slice and dice all the different fruits and place in a large bowl. You can really use any fruit you like as long as you keep the same ratio as the recipe. This is a very easily customizable recipe!
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the cream cheese and whip until smooth with a hand mixer. Add the sweetened condensed milk, whip until combined. Add the heavy cream and the vanilla and whip until combined. (You can also make this fruit salad with cool whip in place of heavy cream.)
- Pour dressing for fruit salad over the fruits and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least one hour.
Cheesecake salad alternatives
What is especially so great about this cheesecake salad recipe is how versatile it is.
Add more fruit or take out what you don’t like, customize it to your preference.
Strawberry banana cheesecake salad, Hawaiian cheesecake salad, berry, citrus, stone fruit, melon, with cool whip in place of whipping cream, the possibilities are endless!
How to make cheesecake salad
Tropical Cheesecake Salad
- 15 ounces mandarin oranges drained
- 2 mangoes medium dice
- 16 ounces strawberries stew removed, medium dice
- 1 pint blueberries
- 5 kiwi peeled, sliced thin
- 2 cups fresh pineapple medium dice (or canned)
- 3 bananas thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- mint, garnish optional
- Place all the fruit into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip the cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, carefully whip until combined, slowly at first or it might splash. Add the heavy cream and whip again, be careful and whip slowly at first.
- Pour the cheesecake sauce over the fruit. Gently fold it in until everything is coated. Be easy here and take your time so the fruit doesn't fall apart. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for one hour to chill. Serve with more fruit as garnish and mint sprigs, optional.
Did you know June is #NationalIcedTeaMonth? To celebrate, Southern Breeze is giving away a fun box a day giveaway! Click the graphic below for more info and to enter.
For free shipping on your first order of Southern Breeze online, enter code “SOUTHERNBREEZE” at checkout!