This is a sponsored post on behalf of Mrs. T’s Pierogies. All opinions are 100% my own.
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Pierogies, cheesy pierogies wrapped in bacon and baked until crispy.
Hi all! Did you know that I am obsessed with pierogies? I know, that sounds kind of random but, I am! Back in my single days, I would often have a big plate of Mrs. T’s pierogies for dinner. I would pan sear them extra crispy and be perfectly content.
Now-a-days I can’t really get away with that. Jeremy is more of a potato and meat kind of guy, whereas, I can go with just the potato. So, to be able to indulge in my pierogies I have to make them into a side dish or snack.
When I saw this recipe for bacon-wrapped pierogies on the Mrs. T’s website I knew I had to make it quick. And, of course, I did with a couple minor tweaks. First, I used the regular sized pierogies instead of the minis, just because I wanted these as more of a side dish. But the minis are so cute and would make the perfect appetizer! Plus, I sprinkled them with brown sugar and smokey chipotle powder… woops!?
Mrs. T’s pierogies come in a wide variety of flavors such as savory onion and classic cheddar. For this recipe, I used four cheese medley, but you can use any variety that speaks to you.
These sweet and spicy bacon wrapped pierogies are loosely wrapped in thick cut bacon, sprinkled with a mixture of brown sugar and chipotle powder, then baked to crispy perfection. They are literally finger-licking good!
- 12 Mrs. T's regular sized pierogies
- 12 slices thick-cut bacon
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- dipping sauce of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Boil pierogies for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Drain and let cool to the touch about 5 minutes.
- Wrap each pierogy in a slice of bacon and set it seam side down on a wired rack that is on a foil-lined baking sheet (for easy clean-up later). Mix together the brown sugar and chipotle powder in a small bowl, sprinkle half of the mixture evenly over the pierogies.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping them over half way through and sprinkling the remaining brown sugar mixture on top. Let cool slightly, serve with desired dipping sauce, optional.
Feel free to serve these with a dipping sauce of your choice. You can go with classic sour cream or even salad dressings work!
For more recipes and pierogy inspiration check out more about Mrs. T’s here:
- Website: http://www.mrstspierogies.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mrstspierogies
- Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/mrstspierogies
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mrstspierogies/
How do you like to eat your pierogies? I know they would be a perfect finger-food for having friends over and just binge watching a new series!
Order My Cookbook!