Roasted Mushrooms in a herbaceous garlic butter sauce, steakhouse style!
This garlic butter sauce recipe is amazing on these roasted mushrooms, but also goes great on all veggies!
Roasted Mushrooms are a staple side dish every good steakhouse offers. When creating this recipe for Steakhouse Beef Tips with Noodles, I really wanted a good staple side to go with it.
And, out popped this oven roasted mushroom recipe!
Take me to the recipe for Roasted Mushrooms already!
Thank you so much for your eagerness to view my recipe.
If you would rather not hear my super helpful tips and tricks, FAQ, and my overall awesomeness and get straight to this delicious roasted mushrooms – you can very easily scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for the full printable FREE recipe! Bon appetit.
I roasted my portobello mushrooms with a touch of olive oil, some garlic cloves, salt, and pepper. I then toss them in this delicious butter sauce made with lots of herbs and more garlic!
This garlic butter sauce goes perfectly with baby bella mushroom recipes, but it is also great for vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, squash… the possibilities are endless!
How to make Roasted Mushrooms in Garlic Butter Sauce:
Clean mushroom thoroughly using a damp paper towel. Trim ends off the stems.
Toss mushrooms in a bowl with olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, and whole garlic cloves.
Bake for 20 minutes at 425°F degrees. Flipping halfway through.
Make butter sauce consisting of unsalted butter, herbs, and minced garlic.
Toss roasted mushrooms in butter sauce, serve and enjoy!
Make sure to have some crusty bread on hand to soak up all that butter sauce!!
What kind of roasted mushrooms did you use?
I used baby bella mushrooms or mini portabella mushrooms for this easy recipe but you can use your favorite button style mushroom in their place.
What is your favorite way to eat roasted mushrooms?
I have a confession to make… I personally do not like mushrooms. I KNOW!
Okay, that’s not entirely true. I love them in a sauce, they give such an earthy flavor to sauces that you can’t duplicate.
But, eating them whole… I’ll pass.
But, lucky for me, my hubby, Jeremy, is OBSESSED with mushrooms and he was my handy dandy taste tester for this recipe. Husband approved!
A loaf of crusty bread is a must when indulging in this mushroom side dish! Swimming in all that melted butter, garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley, and scallions… you can’t go wrong!
Why did you roast the mushrooms with whole garlic cloves?
I really wanted this side dish to have a rustic charm to it. Roasting the mushrooms with whole garlic cloves not only permeate the mushrooms while baking but it adds such a nice aromatic to the dish.
If you don’t like the way it looks or if you don’t want to eat around the garlic cloves, leave them out. No biggie!
More Steakhouse Style Recipes:
Tools used to make the roasted mushrooms in garlic butter sauce:
Roasted Mushrooms with Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1 pound baby bella mushrooms or button-style mushroom of your choice clean, stem tips removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 cracks fresh black pepper
- 10 cloves garlic in skin
Garlic Butter Sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Italian parsley chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon scallion thinly sliced
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F degrees. Toss mushrooms with olive oil, salt, pepper, and whole garlic cloves. Place on a sheet tray in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes, flipping once at the 10-minute mark.
Garlic Butter Sauce
- While the mushrooms are cooking, make the butter sauce. In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add in the garlic and cook until aromatic and slightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Garlic should not brown.
- Add the rosemary and thyme and cook until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- When mushrooms are done cooking, place in a large bowl and toss with the butter sauce. Add in the additional herbs and combine. Taste, adjust seasoning if necessary.
Latest posts by Dana DeVolk (see all)
- The Best Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe (Stovetop and Oven Directions) - October 23, 2019
- Snickerdoodle Bars - October 22, 2019
- Crockpot Chili - October 21, 2019