Roasted Mushrooms in a herbaceous garlic butter sauce, steakhouse style! This garlic butter sauce recipe is amazing on these mushrooms, but also goes great on all veggies!
Roasted Mushrooms are a staple side dish every good steakhouse offers. When creating this recipe for Steakhouse Beef Tips with Noodles, I really wanted a good staple side to go with it.
And, out popped this oven roasted mushroom recipe!
What kind of roasted mushrooms did you use?
I used baby bella mushrooms or mini portabella mushrooms for this easy recipe but you can use your favorite button style mushroom in their place.
I roasted my portobello mushrooms with a touch of olive oil, some garlic cloves, salt, and pepper. I then toss them in this delicious butter sauce made with lots of herbs and more garlic!
This garlic butter sauce goes perfectly with baby bella mushroom recipes, but it is also great for vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, squash… the possibilities are endless!
Roasted Mushroom in Garlic Butter Sauce Directions:
- Clean mushroom thoroughly using a damp paper towel. Trim ends off the stems.
- Toss mushrooms in a bowl with olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, and whole garlic cloves.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees. Flipping halfway through.
- Make butter sauce consisting of unsalted butter, herbs, and minced garlic.
- Toss roasted mushrooms in butter sauce, serve and enjoy!
- Make sure to have some crusty bread on hand to soak up all that butter sauce!!
What is your favorite way to eat roasted mushrooms?
I have a confession to make… I personally do not like mushrooms. I KNOW!
Okay, that’s not entirely true. I love them in a sauce, they give such an earthy flavor to sauces that you can’t duplicate. But, eating them whole… I’ll pass.
But, lucky for me, my hubby, Jeremy, is OBSESSED with mushrooms and he was my handy dandy taste tester for this recipe. Husband approved!
A loaf of crusty bread is a must when indulging in this mushroom side dish! Swimming in all that melted butter, garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley, and scallions… you can’t go wrong!
Why did you roast the mushrooms with whole garlic cloves?
I really wanted this side dish to have a rustic charm to it. Roasting the mushrooms with whole garlic cloves not only permeate the mushrooms while baking but it adds such a nice aromatic to the dish.
If you don’t like the way it looks or if you don’t want to eat around the garlic cloves, leave them out. No biggie!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Tools used to make the roasted mushrooms in garlic butter sauce:
More Steakhouse Style Recipes:
How to make garlic butter sauce
Roasted Mushrooms with Garlic Butter Sauce
ROASTED MUSHROOMS IN A HERBACEOUS GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE, STEAKHOUSE STYLE!
- 1 pound baby bella mushrooms or button-style mushroom of your choice clean, stem tips removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 cracks fresh black pepper
- 10 cloves garlic in skin
Garlic Butter Sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Italian parsley chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon scallion thinly sliced
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss mushrooms with olive oil, salt, pepper, and whole garlic cloves. Place on a sheet tray in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes, flipping once at the 10-minute mark.
Garlic Butter Sauce
- While the mushrooms are cooking, make the butter sauce. In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add in the garlic and cook until aromatic and slightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Garlic should not brown.
- Add the rosemary and thyme and cook until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- When mushrooms are done cooking, place in a large bowl and toss with the butter sauce. Add in the additional herbs and combine. Taste, adjust seasoning if necessary.