Creamy Chicken Fra Diavolo, rotisserie chicken, basil and dollops of ricotta in a spicy tomato sauce with penne make this a show-stopping weeknight meal!
We all need more easy meals we can throw together during the week. Today’s recipe will be perfect to throw into your arsenal! It is a hearty comforting dish, using store bought rotisserie chicken, fresh basil, creamy ricotta all in a tomato sauce with a little kick!
The best part about this dish, other than coming together in literally 20 minutes or less, is the addition of organic pasta from Barilla®. You read that right! Barilla® now has Barilla® Organic Pasta Penne/Spaghetti 6 pks you can find at your local BJ’s. Barilla® Organic Pasta is organically delicious, made with certified organic wheat, no gmo ingredients, cooked always to al dente with a delicious taste!
Along with the pasta packs, Barilla® is now offering Pasta Sauce 4pks. I used both of these new additions in today’s recipe! Barilla® Marinara is all new, made with real vegetables, is all natural and gluten free!
If you are not sure about the new Barilla® products, don’t worry! There is a tasting demo in-store at BJ’s on Saturday March 5th so you can sample the pasta and sauce together before you buy!
I love shopping at wholesale stores like BJ’s, here is a little snippet of my journey!
I found the products at the end of an aisle.
There are great prices on products I need to stock up on. Being able to go to the store less often is always a plus!
Now, for the recipe!
Creamy Chicken Fra Diavolo
Creamy Chicken Fra Diavolo
- 1 pound Barilla® Organic Pasta Penne
- 24 oz Barilla® Pasta Sauce in Marinara
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 6 oz roasted red peppers sliced thin
- 1/2 oz fresh basil torn
- 4 oz ricotta cheese
- pepper to taste
- Cook pasta to directions on the back of the packaging.
- While pasta is cooking, assemble your ingredients and start the sauce. In a large sautee pan over medium heat, add the sauce and pepper flakes. Stir to combine, add in the chicken and peppers and stir to combine after each addition.
- Let simmer until pasta is done, drain pasta and place directly into the pan. Stir to combine to make sure all the pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Place dollops of the ricotta on the pasta and tear the fresh basil directly on top. Add pepper to taste, serve and enjoy!
YUM, so easy! Here is a quick video showing how I made this dish:
Don’t forget to stop by BJ’s to sample their new Barilla® Organic Pasta Penne/Spaghetti 6 pk and Barilla® Pasta Sauce 4pk on Saturday March 5th! For more information please visit www.Barilla.com Follow along on social media @BarillaUS #BarillaOrganic #BarillaMarinara
Order My Cookbook!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla Pasta Company . The opinions and text expressed in this posting are all mine and are not shared by the organization.