Creamy Chicken Fra Diavolo, rotisserie chicken, basil and dollops of ricotta in a spicy tomato sauce with penne make this a show-stopping weeknight meal!
We all need more easy meals we can throw together during the week. Today’s recipe will be perfect to throw into your arsenal! It is a hearty comforting dish, using store bought rotisserie chicken, fresh basil, creamy ricotta all in a tomato sauce with a little kick!
The best part about this dish, other than coming together in literally 20 minutes or less, is the addition of organic pasta from Barilla®. You read that right! Barilla® now has Barilla® Organic Pasta Penne/Spaghetti 6 pks you can find at your local BJ’s. Barilla® Organic Pasta is organically delicious, made with certified organic wheat, no gmo ingredients, cooked always to al dente with a delicious taste!
Along with the pasta packs, Barilla® is now offering Pasta Sauce 4pks. I used both of these new additions in today’s recipe! Barilla® Marinara is all new, made with real vegetables, is all natural and gluten free!
If you are not sure about the new Barilla® products, don’t worry! There is a tasting demo in-store at BJ’s on Saturday March 5th so you can sample the pasta and sauce together before you buy!
I love shopping at wholesale stores like BJ’s, here is a little snippet of my journey!
I found the products at the end of an aisle.
There are great prices on products I need to stock up on. Being able to go to the store less often is always a plus!
Now, for the recipe!
Creamy Chicken Fra Diavolo
Creamy Chicken Fra Diavolo
- 1 pound Barilla® Organic Pasta Penne
- 24 oz Barilla® Pasta Sauce in Marinara
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 6 oz roasted red peppers sliced thin
- 1/2 oz fresh basil torn
- 4 oz ricotta cheese
- pepper to taste
- Cook pasta to directions on the back of the packaging.
- While pasta is cooking, assemble your ingredients and start the sauce. In a large sautee pan over medium heat, add the sauce and pepper flakes. Stir to combine, add in the chicken and peppers and stir to combine after each addition.
- Let simmer until pasta is done, drain pasta and place directly into the pan. Stir to combine to make sure all the pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Place dollops of the ricotta on the pasta and tear the fresh basil directly on top. Add pepper to taste, serve and enjoy!
YUM, so easy! Here is a quick video showing how I made this dish:
Don’t forget to stop by BJ’s to sample their new Barilla® Organic Pasta Penne/Spaghetti 6 pk and Barilla® Pasta Sauce 4pk on Saturday March 5th! For more information please visit www.Barilla.com Follow along on social media @BarillaUS #BarillaOrganic #BarillaMarinara
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla Pasta Company . The opinions and text expressed in this posting are all mine and are not shared by the organization.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER.
Get my latest recipes goodies straight to your inbox!
I hate Spam as much as you do so, No Spam I promise!
Comments & Reviews
Thanks for sharing at Let’s Get Real Friday Party.
Easy Peasy Life Matters says
This looks to die for!!! Pinned! 🙂
This looks so simple and delicious!