White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Bars, golden Oreo crust, white chocolate cheesecake topped with sugared cranberries and more chocolate!
A gorgeous Christmas dessert!
Hello friends and welcome back to another Christmas series recipe! These cheesecake bars, I have to say might be one of the most beautiful desserts I have ever made!
What do you think?
Wow, I just think they are absolutely stunning, AND the best part… delicious. Taking a cue from one of my most popular recipes ever on this little blog, my Golden Oreo Strawberry Cheesecake Bars, I wanted to turn them into something super festive for the holidays!
I think these are particularly beautiful for Christmas, but cranberries are super in for Thanksgiving too, so you can make them for either occasion! Or, you know to celebrate a Thursday, woo hoo!
They are extremely easy to make but need a little time to set up. I made the cheesecake the day before I decorated the top to make sure it was nice and set up well. This also would be a great make ahead dessert as well for that same reason!
White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 Cups fresh cranberries room temp
- 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 Cup water
- 1 1/2 Cup granulated sugar separated from the other sugar
- 3/4 Cup white chocolate chips
White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place golden oreos in a food processor and pulse to form crumbs. Drizzle in the butter to coat and pulse to combine. Press crust into the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan that is lined with foil or parchment paper. Bake for 5 minutes, set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients except for the white chocolate into a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add in the chocolate and pulse to break up the cups and mix. Pour mix over the crust, bake for 35 minutes, filling will be slightly jiggly. Allow to cool on a wired rack for 1 hour. Cover and place in fridge to set for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- First make the sugared cranberries. Place the 1/3 Cup sugar and water into a shallow pan over medium heat, whisk until the sugar melts and comes to a simmer. Take off the heat. Add in the cranberries to coat. With a slotted spoon, scoop out the cranberries onto a wired rack over a sheet tray. Make sure cranberries are not touching. Allow to dry for 1 hour.
- Place the remaining sugar in a shallow pan. In small batches, roll the cranberries in the sugar. Place on a clean sheet tray and allow to dry an additional hour.
- Cut cheesecake bars into 9 equal pieces. Melt the white chocolate and place in a baggie with the end snipped off and drizzle over the cheesecake slices. Top with the sugared cranberries. Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
If you wanted, you could just pour the white chocolate on top like a layer and place the cranberries on and then cut them after. I just thought this is a pretty presentation with the white chocolate dripping down the sides!
I love the combination of flavors too. The tart cranberries really offset the sweetness of the cheesecake and white chocolate! This is a great combination. Then the crunch for the sugar coating on the berries, so good!!
So, what do you think? Will this be a show stopper at your holiday party?!
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you liked this recipe, please visit these others!