Waldorf Chicken Salad, rotisserie chicken and crisp fruits tossed with a tangy pineapple yogurt dressing!
Waldorf Chicken Salad, a twist on two classic dishes! This post is sponsored by Southern Breeze, the sweet tea with zero calories, all opinions are 100% my own.
Confession, I have never been a fan of Waldorf salad. I mean… it’s just weird. I think what was holding me back is the mayo with fruit situation…*shudders*.
But, this recipe I made uses a sweet and tangy Greek yogurt dressing made with pineapple! It is SO good and really adds a fun twist to the dish.
I love chicken salad in all forms. It is a simple lunch that goes together in minutes and let’s face it, it’s pretty hard to mess up!
It goes together in a flash as well. I always use a store bought rotisserie chicken when I make chicken salad.
They are just flat out good and makes putting together the chicken salad that much easier.
One thing you probably don’t know about me is that I am also a sweet tea freak. I mean… I did grow up in the south, thank you very much. Sweet tea runs through my veins.
But, admittedly sweet tea can really start adding on those extra pesky calories which I don’t like. Thankfully I heard about Southern Breeze and decided to give it a try.
Southern Breeze is a single serve cold brew tea that’s ready in just 5 minutes. It comes in four flavors, Original, half and half, raspberry, and peach!
My personal favorite is the original flavor with raspberry being a close second. I let my parents try them as well when they were down here on vacation and they fell in love!
They are pre-sweetened and zero-calories, what’s not to love! I always have a couple in my purse as well for a quick tea on the go!
I even put together this quick timelapse so you can see how easy Southern Breeze is to make!
Waldorf chicken salad and a tall glass of Southern Breeze cold brew is my dream lunch. Thankfully both are so easy to make I can have it whenever I want!
I love serving chicken salad in croissants but, feel free to eat it however you wish. I like to add it on top of mixed greens for more of a traditional salad as well.
Waldorf Chicken Salad Recipe Directions:
- Cut rotisserie chicken into a medium-sized dice. Place into a large bowl with the apple, celery, raisins, grapes, and toasted walnuts.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the yogurt, parsley, crushed pineapple, and scallion.
- Pour dressing on top of the chicken and fruit, toss to combine. Serve immediately if in a pinch or chill for at least one hour for all the flavors to combine. Enjoy!
I just love the crisp apples, celery, and grapes in this salad. It really adds a nice texture.
I don’t have toasted walnuts on hand, how do I toast them?
Place walnuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Toss every 15 seconds or so until fragrant.
Immediately take off the heat, let cool. They are now ready for your salad!
Southern Breeze Sweet Tea Cold Brew is available for purchase online at: https://southernbreezesweettea.com
For free shipping on your first order use the code SHIPFREEPLEASE at checkout!
More yummy chicken salad recipes from my favorite bloggers:
Waldorf Chicken Salad
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken medium dice
- 1 gala apple (or crisp apple variety) small dice
- 1/2 cup red grapes cut in half
- 1/2 cup celery thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts rough chop
Pineapple Yogurt Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley minced
- 2 tablespoons canned crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 scallion, green part only thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, add all the chicken salad ingredients. Set aside.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until combined. Pour dressing over salad ingredients, mix until everything is coated. Serve immediately or cover, and place in the fridge for at least one hour to chill.