This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Hillshire Brands Company. All opinions are entirely my own.
Sausage Dip Pinwheels, classic Jimmy Dean® sausage dip rolled in crescent rolls and baked. A flavor explosion and the perfect party appetizer!
Every year for Christmas my Mom makes a huge batch of sausage dip. We absolutely love it and will eat on it for days! It is rich and creamy with just a hint of spice and loaded with yummy Jimmy Dean sausage!
So, I wanted to figure out a way to use up the left over sausage dip. I figured everything is better in crescent rolls and was I right! Skip using the leftovers, I’m going to be making them into these pinwheels from now on!
I got all my ingredients for this recipe from Walmart ( @Walmart ) . I love shopping at Walmart for my large weekly shopping trip and stocking up on supplies. I tend to use a lot of Great Value Walmart brand items too for my recipes, like the one today.
As you can see there are only four total ingredients in this recipe. It is simple, fast and oh so delicious!
The Jimmy Dean sausage, cream cheese and crescent rolls are all in the refrigerated section in the store.
Sausage Dip Pinwheels
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Sausage original or regular flavor
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cans crescent roll dough
- 10 oz can dice tomatoes with green chilies drained
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, crumble and brown the sausage until cooked through. Drain excess fat, I even put the cooked sausage between paper towels to absorb as much fat as possible.
- Return sausage to pan over low heat and add in cream cheese and tomatoes. Break up cream cheese so it melts faster and stir until melted and combined. Let mixture cool to room temperature before making the crescents.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll out crescent roll dough (I suggest doing this one can at a time) and pinch seams together to form a rectangle. Place cooled dip over 2/3 of the dough as pictured, roll dough over itself to form a log. Cut until eight even pieces.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 11-13 minutes until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
Yummm, try not to dive right in as soon as they are out of the oven, these babies are HOT!
I think they are so pretty too and inviting, they are just begging for you to take a bite!
Yummy, yummy! There will probably be a little left over dip after making these, just serve it up with some tortilla chips and you’re good to go!
I really hope you enjoyed this twist on a family favorite recipe! To find other great holiday recipes, be sure to stop by joytothemeal.com for more inspiration!