Key Lime Eclair Cake, layers of creamy filling bursting with key lime flavor between graham crackers, topped with vanilla frosting. T
astes just like a key lime pie, but much easier!
Yes, another recipe featuring key limes. I know… I’m obsessed. My number one post on this blog is for my Individual Frozen Key Lime Pies (shared over 1.2 MILLION times!) .
Since you all love my key lime pie recipe sooo much I wanted to take that same idea but put a twist on it. I thought about making this layered eclair cake because it would take perfectly to the key lime pie filling.
This is a touch different than other key lime eclair cakes I have seen in the past. Normally they are made with pudding and mine has none.
You get an incredible key lime tart kick from this “cake”. It is not overly sweet due to the key lime juice, which is just how I like my desserts.
It might look like it’s full of sugar (and it is) but it doesn’t have that overly sweet taste a normal eclair cake has.
I let mine set up overnight but I think this would be good to go after 3-4 hours of sitting in the fridge. The key lime filling soaks into the graham crackers making it super easy to slice.
It is topped with a canned frosting, making this a breeze to put together!
The hardest part about this cake is squeezing all those teenie tiny key limes, but if you use a good quality bottled key lime juice you can skip that step as well!
Key Lime Eclair Cake
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz whipped topping I used cool whip, thawed
- 1 pound bag of key limes juiced about 3/4 Cup
- 3 sleeves graham crackers
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- Whip cream cheese in a large bowl with a hand mixer until creamy. Whip in the sweetened condensed milk until combined. Slowly add the key lime juice until combined. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Take a 9x13 inch pan and place a layer of graham crackers. Spread 1/3 of the key lime mixture on top. Repeat two more times. Add the remaining graham crackers on top.
- Place frosting with the top off and foil wrapper is taken off completely into the microwave. Microwave for 30 seconds, until frosting is pour-able. Pour evenly over the cake. Spread with a spatula to cover the entire top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours, up to overnight. Serve and enjoy!!
YUM!! Just slice and server, this is the perfect summer dessert!
All those layers! You know, this can also be modified to any flavor you want… just sayin’!
Yes, I went picture crazy again, can you blame me?
Drooling. I can’t wait until Jeremy gets home so he can have a taste! I know he will be in Heaven.
Thanks sooo much for stopping by!! Check back soon for another yummy recipe.
Latest posts by Dana DeVolk (see all)
- Peel and Eat Shrimp Cocktail (Plus Cocktail Sauce Recipe!) - May 17, 2019
- Sweet London Mule Cocktail - May 16, 2019
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe - May 15, 2019