I’m in love… Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pecans, sweet, crunchy, extremely easy and totally addicting! You will want to put these roasted pecans into everything from banana bread to cinnamon rolls and salads!
Let me preface this post by giving you a warning. You WILL fall in love with these easy sugared pecans. You WILL be surprised at how good they come out. And, you WILL start shoveling handfuls into your mouth before they have even cooled completely.
Take my advice and double the recipe. You’re welcome.
Ugh, that classic cinnamon sugar combination coating every nook and cranny of these luscious pecans!
My Grandmother always sends a bunch of shelled pecans with my parents when they come to visit. I had to find a recipe to use them all up!
I hate to say, they have been sitting in my freezer for months but now that I came up with this recipe, they will soon be gone!
How to dry roast pecans?
If you don’t want to make candied pecans but just plain roasted pecans, I’ve got you covered!
You can roast pecans two ways. In the oven, and on the stovetop.
How to roast pecans in the oven?
- Place raw shelled pecan halves on a dry baking sheet. VERY lightly spray pecans with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place sheet tray with pecans in the oven.
- After two minutes, flip pecans around to make sure they don’t burn. Bake for another two minutes, flip pecans again. If they are not fragrant, place them back in the oven for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant but not burnt in any way.
- Immediately take pecans off the tray. If you leave them on the tray after toasting they will continue to cook.
How to roast pecans in a skillet?
- Place a dry skillet over medium-low heat. Place raw shelled pecan halves in the skillet.
- Toss constantly until pecans are fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Turn pecans out onto another surface immediately to stop them from cooking. If you leave them in the skillet to cool they may burn.
How To Roast Pecans with Cinnamon Sugar:
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Whip egg white in a bowl until frothy, add vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add pecans and mix until evenly coated in the egg white.
- Add the cinnamon brown sugar mixture into the bowl a little at a time until fully mixed in with the salt.
- Lay the pecans out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the oven for one hour, turning the pecans over every 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely and enjoy your cinnamon roasted pecans!
Substitute these candied pecans in your baked goods for an extra yummy kick!
Are roasted pecans healthy?
Are roasted pecans good for you? Like all snacks, these toasted pecans need to be consumed in moderation.
Plain toasted pecans are better for you then these candied pecans, but I love to keep these for a sweet snack.
With that being said, this recipe is high in protein which keeps you full longer. This to me is a smarter snack option than a snack cake or chips.
With roughly 115 calories per serving and knowing exactly what is going into these cinnamon pecans make this a healthy snack alternative. Pre-portioning will help with over-snacking as well!
Speaking of portions, these roasted nuts make a lovely holiday gift!
These remind me… dare I say of CHRISTMAS?! I know, it’s early but you can definitely enjoy these year round!
Also, don’t stop at just cinnamon sugar! Think of the possibilities! Cumin, cayenne… chipotle!
If you love a sweet and savory snack, check out these Spicy Rosemary Roasted Cashews!
Do roasted pecans need to be refrigerated?
Nope! Just make sure to seal them in an airtight container and they will last for a few weeks – if they won’t be eaten up first!
How to store roasted pecans?
I just put them into a gallon zip lock baggie and call it a day. I love to grab a handful of candied pecans when a sweet craving hits.
It helps me to stay on track with my diet instead of reaching for an ice cream bar or cinnamon cream cheese cookie!
More yummy pecan recipes from my favorite bloggers:
Now on to the full recipe for roasted pecans!
Roasted Pecan Video Tutorial
How to make cinnamon roasted pecans at home:
Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pecans
Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pecans, sweet, crunchy, extremely easy and totally addicting!
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 Cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees, in a small bowl, mix together the sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
Place egg white in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk until light, foamy and frothy, about 2 minutes. Mix in the vanilla. Add the pecans and mix until they are coated evenly. Add the sugar mixture and evenly coat the pecans.
Place in a single layer on a parchment paper lined sheet tray. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool completely, serve and enjoy! Store in an air-tight container.
This post was updated on 5/6/2018 with new photos, video, and minor recipe change!
Now, go see Parrish’s recipe for Caramel Apple Rice Krispie Treats!