Cheeseburger Sliders, a recipe for the best burger seasoning!
I feel like sliders are a relatively new popular appetizer (if 20 years ago is new, ha!). I remember them popping up all over menus everywhere.
But, a classic slider to me will always be burgers or cheeseburgers. Not only are they cute, but they are delicious too.
When we are having a burger night, I prefer to make sliders. They are easier to eat and a quicker cook, making them a great alternative to a huge burger.
I don’t know about you, but we normally eat dinner in front of the tv. I know, a lot of people would look down on that but it’s just how we roll.
When we used to have burgers, I would make them into third-pound patties, big and juicy. Yea, a big and juicy mess!
So, when I switched to sliders it was a game changer for our tv dinners!
Today’s recipe for cheeseburger sliders is super simple. All you need is my burger seasoning mix, slider buns and your favorite toppings, that’s it!
The best burger mix directions:
- In a large bowl mix together ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon pepper, black pepper, brown sugar, and ketchup.
- Mix by hand until combined. Divide into 6 even portions, I use an ice cream scooper for this.
- Using your hands, form balls. Place portions between two layers of plastic wrap and using the bottom of a heavy glass, press down on the balls to form patties. Placing them between the plastic wrap layers helps them not to stick to the glass, and saves you an extra hand-washing.
- Let the patties sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes, while your skillet is heating, this will help them to cook evenly.
- Cook in a cast iron or heavy bottom skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side, until a crust forms on the outside. Top with your favorite cheese and let melt, place on slider rolls with toppings of your choice!
Like most of my recipes, use this as a guide to make them your own!
Alternatives and Add-ons:
Instead of melting cheese on top, stuff cheese into the patties! Get crazy with the condiments, ranch dressing, bbq sauce, or even guacamole would be amazing!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Tools used for this recipe:
- Large bowl to mix the patties
- Ice Cream Scoop for portioning
- Plastic wrap for less mess
- Cast Iron Skillet to cook them in
- Spatula for turning
More yummy slider recipes from my favorite bloggers:
- Crispy Onion BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Crock Pot BBQ Brisket Sandwiches with Jalapeno Cole Slaw
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Baked Italian Beef Sliders
- 1 pound ground chuck or ground beef of your choice
- 10 splashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 10 cracks fresh black pepper
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese optional
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together by hand until combined, do not over mix. Using an ice cream scoop, divide into 6 equal portions. Roll into balls by hand and place on top of a sheet of plastic wrap until all the portions are rolled. Place another sheet of plastic wrap on top and using a heavy bottom glass, press down in the center to form a patty. Repeat for each burger.
Let burgers sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes, this will help with an even cook and they will cook faster. Heat a cast iron or heavy bottom skillet over medium heat, once hot, cook the burgers about 3-4 minutes on each side until a crust forms or until desired doneness. You only need to flip once, then top evenly with the shredded cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice, optional.
Take burgers out of skillet and place on slider buns and add toppings of your choice, enjoy!
Order My Cookbook!