Baked Cuban Sandwiches, classic Cuban sandwich flavors in slider form, perfect for any party.
I love a good Cuban Sandwich and these are so easy to make!
Cuban Sandwiches are a classic go-to sandwich for many. I wanted to turn this popular sandwich into a fun appetizer or main course to serve on game day!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Curly’s Pulled Pork, all opinions are 100% my own.
Now that the big game is LITERALLY right around the corner, I wanted to get one more yummy appetizer or party idea posted for you! These little cutie party sandwiches are bursting with flavor.
Cuban Pork Sandwiches are so good! You need to make them ASAP!
What are Cuban Sandwiches?
Melty Swiss cheese, Curly’s Pulled Pork, ham, and mustard all stuffed in sweet rolls. Top them off with melted butter, spices, and a garnish of pickles and you have one epic party sandwich!
Now, I know that these are not traditional Cuban sandwiches. But, a fun twist on a classic is always welcome in my book!
Living in Florida, Cuban sandwiches are on many menus. Here is my easier to approach version.
The best part about these baked Cuban party sandwiches (other than how extremely delicious they are) is that they come together in just about 20 minutes. I saved a LOT of time making these because I used Curly’s Pulled Pork instead of making my own.
I love this Cuban sliders recipe- easy and tasty!
You can find it at lots of grocery stores. I picked up mine at my local Walmart.
You can microwave it or warm it on the stovetop, it heats in just minutes and you’re ready to eat!
Curly’s Pulled Pork is definitely the star of these Cuban Sliders!
How to make Cuban Sandwiches:
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Cut rolls in half and lay the bottoms into a 10 inch cast iron skillet or baking dish of your choice.
Top each roll with a little yellow mustard, swiss cheese, tavern ham, Curly’s Pulled Pork, and more swiss cheese.
Put on the top of the rolls and pour the epic melted butter sauce on top.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until heated through, the tops are golden brown, and the cheese is melty.
Garnish with petite pickles for a fun presentation and enjoy!
Alternatives and Add-Ons:
Cuban sandwiches normally have pickles layered inside them. Feel free to use whatever chip-style pickle you like if you would rather have the pickles in the sandwich.
If you want more of a traditional feel to your party sandwiches, press them in a panini press instead of baking them.
Here are some more yummy takes on classic sandwiches from my favorite bloggers:
- Bacon Jam Grilled Cheese
- Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese with Strawberry Hot Sauce
- Balsamic Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Tools used to make Cuban Sandwiches:
Baked Cuban Party Sandwiches
- 12 sweet rolls cut in half
- yellow mustard
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound deli ham*
- 16 ounces Curly's Pulled Pork microwaved or heated on stovetop per directions
- 12 petite pickles**
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Place the roll bottoms into a 10 inch cast iron skillet or baking dish of your choice. Squeeze about 1 teaspoon of mustard on each roll. Top each roll with half of the cheese, then the ham, then divide the Curly's Pulled Pork on top of the ham. (If using pickle chips, add them here.) Add the remaining cheese. Place the roll tops on.
- Whisk the topping ingredients together until combined. Pour evenly over the rolls. Bake for 10-15 minutes until rolls are toasted and golden brown. The cheese will be melty and warmed through. Garnish with petite pickles if desired.