These Baked Cuban Sandwiches have that classic Cuban Sandwich flavor in slider form, perfect for any party, gathering, or just a great meal any day of the week.
Cuban Sandwiches are a classic go-to sandwich for many. I wanted to turn this popular sandwich into a fun appetizer or the main course to serve on game day, for parties, or just a weeknight meal.
These Baked Cuban Sliders are so good but take so much less effort than your normal sandwich! I’m a huge slider fan the way it is so these are perfect for me.
Sometimes I just can’t eat a huge sandwich all at once and that is what makes these sliders just that much more perfect in my eyes.
Consisting of swiss cheese, pulled pork, ham, mustard, and pickles on slider buns, how can you go wrong. Then it is all baked up in a cast-iron skillet.
This is just an easy and effortless meal that you will fall in love with, especially if you are already huge fans of the sandwich anyways.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- These sandwiches are done from start to finish in 20 minutes.
- They are great for any meal at any time of year.
- Being smaller in size you can choose your portions!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED (FULL RECIPE BELOW):
HOW TO MAKE BAKED CUBAN SANDWICHES:
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Place the roll bottoms into a 10 inch cast iron skillet or baking dish of your choice.
Squeeze about 1 teaspoon of mustard on each roll. Top each roll with half of the cheese, then the ham, then divide the Pulled pork on top of the ham. (If using pickle chips, add them here.)
Add the remaining cheese. Place the roll tops on.
Whisk the topping ingredients together until combined. Pour evenly over the rolls.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until rolls are toasted and golden brown. The cheese will be melty and warmed through.
Garnish with petite pickles if desired.
WHAT ARE BAKED CUBAN SANDWICHES?
Melty Swiss cheese, pulled pork, ham, and mustard all stuffed in sweet rolls. Top them off with melted butter, spices, and a garnish of pickles and you have one epic party sandwich!
Now, I know that these are not traditional Cuban sandwiches. But, a fun twist on a classic is always welcome in my book!
Living in Florida, Cuban sandwiches are on many menus. Here is my easier-to-approach version.
ALTERNATIVE AND ADD-ONS:
Cuban sandwiches normally have pickles layered inside them. Feel free to use whatever chip-style pickle you like if you would rather have the pickles in the sandwich.
If you want more of a traditional feel to your party sandwiches, press them in a panini press instead of baking them.
You can use regular or spicy mustard for this recipe, some places I’ve been to use both, we love both but you can choose your preference.
If you are not a fan of sweet rolls you can just use regular slider buns, we like using King’s Hawaiian as they make great sliders!
HOW TO STORE:
To store, place these in an airtight container or ziptop bag and place in the refrigerator and they should keep for up to 2 days, reheat low in the oven or in the microwave.
These can also be frozen, place cooled sandwiches in a freezer bag and store in the freezer where they should keep for up to 3 months, let defrost in the refrigerator and reheat in oven or microwave.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- You can buy the pre-made pulled pork in the containers at your grocery store.
- Use any kind of slider bun that you’d like.
- These can be made in any pan, we like using cast iron.
- Double this recipe to serve more people or store for later.
- These can be frozen, see my tips above.
If you are looking for that fun, easy and tasty meal that is great for anything then you absolutely need to make these Baked Cuban Sandwiches.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Baked Cuban Party Sandwiches
- 12 sweet rolls cut in half
- yellow mustard
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound deli ham
- 16 ounces pulled pork microwaved or heated on stovetop per directions
- 12 petite pickles
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Place the roll bottoms into a 10 inch cast iron skillet or baking dish of your choice. Squeeze about 1 teaspoon of mustard on each roll. Top each roll with half of the cheese, then the ham, then divide the Curly's Pulled Pork on top of the ham. (If using pickle chips, add them here.) Add the remaining cheese. Place the roll tops on.
- Whisk the topping ingredients together until combined. Pour evenly over the rolls. Bake for 10-15 minutes until rolls are toasted and golden brown. The cheese will be melty and warmed through. Garnish with petite pickles if desired.