This post has been sponsored by Kingsford®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Carne Asada Ribeye Tacos, a classic marinade for the ultimate build you own taco bar!
Carne Asada Ribeye Tacos
We love to have our family over to watch football on game day. But, entertaining most weekends can get a little stressful.
What has made it a lot less stressful for me is to just grill up some marinated ribeyes using Kingsford® Match Light® Charcoal!
I just lay out all the fixings for a build-your-own taco station using my Carne Asada marinated ribeyes and BOOM! Easy peasy.
That way, everyone gets to make the tacos they want and I get to enjoy everyone’s company and the game. Taco toppings are whatever you want to put out, there is no wrong way to make a taco bar!
Plus, let’s face it… tacos are a great way to stretch a protein, which can be WAY more cost-effective.
If you’re looking to reduce the stress that comes with charcoal grilling, I highly recommend you use Kingsford Match Light Charcoal.
This brand helps make grilling with charcoal easier as you simply need a match and no other starter and gets food on the table that much faster!
Kingsford Match Light Charcoal can grill up your favorite food in just 15 minutes, which is faster than other brands of charcoal.
I love anything that helps cut down grilling time so that I can enjoy an authentic, smoky, wood-fired flavor in my grilled meals without spending too much time at the grill.
You seriously can’t get that charcoal flavor any other way. SO GOOD.
As you can see, these ButcherBox ribeye steaks worked well for my build-your-own taco station to host family for a homegating party this football season.
They were so incredibly tender and full of flavor on their own—adding my carne asada marinade is totally optional.
Regular tacos can get boring, so try and mix it up like I did with steak, chicken, or even fish!
What do you serve at a football party?
There are many food options to serve at a football party.
You can opt to go low-key with some easy-to-make appetizers and finger roll sandwiches OR create this delicious build-your-own taco station!
How to make a build-your-own taco bar
I put out a lot of different toppings so everyone can make their own custom tacos.
From black beans and guacamole to grilled jalapenos and charred limes—you can’t go wrong!
My personal favorite additions are roasted peppers and sweet onions, yummmmm.
I think the best thing to serve at a football party (other than the food!) is a wide selection of drinks in addition as away for guests to build their own meal.
Especially if you are keeping the food simple.
What is the most popular food for the big game?
I’d love to say that the most popular food for the big game is my Kingsford Charcoal-grilled ButcherBox ribeye steaks and build-your-own taco bar!
But, the votes were in and it states that chicken wings are the most popular food for any football party. Booooo. lol
How to make Carne Asada Ribeye Tacos
Carne Asada Ribeye Tacos
- 2 10 ounce ButcherBox ribeye steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 small limes fresh-squeezed
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro rough chop
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the olive oil, soy sauce, scallions, garlic, lime juice, cumin, sugar, and cilantro. Pour into a zip-top bag with the steaks, massage marinade into the meat. Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour up to overnight.
- Discard any leftover marinade. Prepare grill using Kingsford Match Light Charcoal, allow coals to come to peak temperature, they should turn gray and be covered in ash, about 10 minutes.
- Grill the steaks to your desired internal temperature. Medium-rare steaks should be pulled at around 130°F. Allow meat to rest about 5 minutes before slicing. Slice and serve on your taco bar!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER.
Get my latest recipes goodies straight to your inbox!
I hate Spam as much as you do so, No Spam I promise!
Leave A Reply!