Avocado salsa, the perfect accompaniment to Taco Tuesday! This avocado salsa is great to have in place of classic salsa for chips and dip or even a topping for enchiladas and more.
This chunky avocado salsa will soon be your new favorite dip.
What is avocado salsa?
A dip made with flavors of classic salsa and the addition of fresh avocado. You can’t go wrong with this recipe!
I’m obsessed with Mexican food. I mean… who isn’t?
One of my favorite parts about eating out at a Mexican restaurant is the big helping of chips and dip you get when you sit down. I normally order a side of guac to go with my meal as well.
So I thought, why not mash the two into this epic avocado salsa?! Salsa with avocado… sign me up!
With just a few simple ingredients, this avocado salsa recipe goes together in no time!
This recipe includes Roma tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, jalapeno, salt, and lime. That’s it.
Back in the day, when I was still working as a Chef in a restaurant there was this spot right down the road from us we used to hit up all the time after work. It was a Mexican restaurant but what really made it special was they had this guacamole cart that went from table to table.
It had everything you could imagine on it for an epic guacamole:
- Red Onion
- Lime or Lemon
- Parsley or Cilantro
- of course, jalapeno!
Plus, lots more! I thought it was so fun to make my own version and it would come out exactly like this chunky avocado salsa. You could choose if you wanted it smooth or chunky and I always kept it chunky.
How to make avocado salsa dip
- Chop up all the ingredients including tomatoes, avocado, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Place everything into a bowl. Add salt, and lime juice.
- Mix everything until combined. Serve immediately with chips, top breakfast enchiladas, or serve however you wish!
You will end up finding excuses to make this salsa with avocado, it’s that good!
How to keep avocado salsa from turning brown?
The addition of the lime juice will help this avocado salsa from turning brown. The fresh citrus juice will keep the avocado from turning brown for up to one day.
Recipe inspired by PiesandTacos.com
This post may contain affiliate links.
Tools used to make avocado salsa
- Cutting Board
- Chef’s Knife
- Medium-sized Bowl
- Plastic Wrap
How to make avocado salsa
- 3 Roma tomatoes cored, small dice
- 1 avocado small dice
- 3 tablespoons cilantro rough chop
- 1/2 jalapeno seeds removed, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 limes fresh squeezed, about 3 tablespoons
- Place all ingredients into a medium-sized bowl. Mix to combine. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for up to one day.