Chipotle “Crack Chicken” Tacos, spicy, creamy and addictive. Great for homegating parties or Tuesday night!
Are you like me and already thinking about the “big game” in February?! I’ve already been prepping and testing out recipes for my homegating parties… I know, a little nuts but I like to be prepared, okay!
Plus, I get to eat all that deliciousness ahead of time, lol.
Now, I’m sure you have seen all these amazing “crack chicken” recipes floating around. Normally it is seasoned with dried ranch seasoning but, I wanted to make it more football-esque.
When I think of football, I think about spicy, filling and comforting food. Also, Mexican dishes come to mind. Also, there is always a lot of beer lying around (at least in my family!) and I love adding it to my recipes. So, of course I added it into this chipotle crack chicken!
I picked up Bud Light Lime for this recipe, one because it’s one of my favorite beers, I love the hint of lime. And, two because of that lime, I knew it would go perfectly with my tacos!
I picked up my ingredients at Walmart and found these super cute mini soft tortillas from Old El Paso™, I got the regular size too for larger appetites. 🙂
What I love most about this recipe is the simplicity. You make it in the slower cooker, so just place everything inside, set it and forget it! My favorite kind of recipe.
Chipotle Crack Chicken Tacos
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (3 large breasts)
- 2 packages 8 oz each cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup Bud Light Lime Beer
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 slices bacon
- taco toppings of you choice: tomatoes cilantro, cheese, scallions, etc
- Place chicken, cream cheese, beer and seasonings in slower cooker. Place on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Mix ingredients half way through if you can.
- While chicken is cooking, cook the bacon by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Place bacon on a sheet tray covered in parchment paper in a single layer and make sure it isn't touching. Cook for 15-18 minutes until desired doneness. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- When chicken is done cooking, shred with a fork and mix until smooth. Place in tortillas and top with the bacon and your favorite toppings, enjoy!
This also makes an amazing dip! Just add in the bacon and taco toppings in it- woah!
I cannot describe the amazingness of this! My whole family was raving about it. JUST TRY IT!
Here is a quick video on how I made these Chipotle Crack Chicken Tacos:
Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed this recipe! For more homegating recipe options click here!
Who are you watching the big game with?
Order My Cookbook!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills. The opinions and text are all mine.