Crack Chicken Tacos, spicy, creamy and addictive. Crack chicken tacos with a hint of chipotle are great for homegating parties or even just Tuesday night!
Crack Chicken Tacos
Are you like me and already thinking about the “big game” in February?! I’ve already been prepping and testing out recipes for my homegating parties… I know, a little nuts but I like to be prepared, okay!
Plus, I get to eat all that deliciousness ahead of time, lol.
Now, I’m sure you have seen all these amazing “crack chicken” recipes floating around. Normally it is seasoned with dried ranch seasoning but, I wanted to make this crack chicken recipe more football-esque.
When I think of football, I think about spicy, filling and comforting food. Also, Mexican dishes come to mind.
Also, there is always a lot of beer lying around (at least in my family!) and I love adding it to my recipes. So, of course, I added it into this crockpot crack chicken!
Crockpot Crack Chicken
What I love most about this chicken crack recipe is the simplicity. You make it in the slower cooker, so just place everything inside, set it and forget it! My favorite kind of recipe.
This also makes an amazing dip! Just add in the bacon and taco toppings in it- woah!
Slow cooker crack chicken is also great in crescent rolls or casseroles! So many options with this crack chicken recipe.
I cannot describe the amazingness of this! My whole family was raving about it. JUST TRY IT!
Plus, crack chicken is low carb, ain’t nothing wrong with that!
Here is a quick video on how I made these Chipotle Crack Chicken Tacos:
How to make crack chicken
Crack Chicken Tacos
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (3 large breasts)
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup Beer
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 slices bacon
- taco toppings of you choice: tomatoes cilantro, cheese, scallions, etc
- Place chicken, cream cheese, beer and seasonings in the slower cooker. Place on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Mix in the ingredients half-way through if you can.
- While chicken is cooking, cook the bacon by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Place bacon on a sheet tray covered in parchment paper in a single layer and make sure it isn't touching. Cook for 15-18 minutes until the desired doneness. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- When chicken is done cooking, shred it with a fork and mix until smooth. Place in tortillas and top with the bacon and your favorite toppings, enjoy!