This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc., Circle Foods LLC, and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. All opinions and text are entirely my own.
Caprese Chicken Wraps, grilled chicken, mozzarella, basil and tomatoes wrapped in a warm flour tortilla and drizzled with balsamic glaze.
Is there any dish more perfect for summer than caprese…. anything? Plump and juicy tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella is just one flavor combo that will never go out of style.
It is light, refreshing and you can use this flavor profile so many different ways. Salads, pizza or sandwiches. It is just perfect for these summer months not only because tomatoes and basil are in abundance but after you eat it, you don’t feel weighed down.
There is no worse feeling than stuffing yourself on a scorcher of a day. Eating light like this really helps!
I was on a quest to figure out some new lunch items. It has to be packed full of flavor, caprese style (because… obviously.) and has to be able to get thrown together fast. I was at Walmart, strolling through the refrigerated section and it hit me…. wraps!
I spotted my bff TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas and scooped up a pack!
All I needed was Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing (in the condiments aisle), Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken (freezer section) and cream cheese, I know I’ll get to that later. I already had all the other ingredients on hand at home.
Scallions, basil, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, shredded mozzarella and balsamic glaze are the other ingredients you will need.
What really saves time on these Caprese Chicken Wraps is the Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken, just keep the bag in the freezer and take out what you need for lunch, pop it into a skillet and minutes later you have hot grilled chicken to use any way you please!
Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing is an essential in this recipe because this is where a ton of flavor is going to come from. I put some in my cream cheese spread and toss my lettuce in it.
Caprese Chicken Wraps
Flavored Cream Cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing divided
- 1 scallion sliced thin
- 4 TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas cooked as per the back of the packaging
- 1 Cup Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken heated as per the directions on packaging
- 1/2 Cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 6 basil leaves torn
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 Cup mozzarella shredded
- Balsamic glaze
Flavored Cream Cheese
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth except for the 1 teaspoon of dressing. Set aside.
- Toss lettuce in remaining dressing.
- Per each tortilla: Smear cooked tortillas evenly with cream cheese mixture. Layer on tomatoes and chicken.
- Add lettuce mixture, torn basil leaves and cheese. Wrap tightly, garnish with balsamic glaze or use as a dipping sauce, enjoy!
Yum, so easy, light and refreshing!
If you are curious, here is a little more information on the products mentioned in this post:
Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken is a great go-to protein for everyone! From working Mom, to busy stay-at-home Dad, or college freshmen! Just keep them in your freezer at home and pull out a few strips as needed.
Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing has no high fructose corn syrup, is made out of a zesty combination of herbs and spices. A robust, full flavored dressing, ready to pack a punch!
TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas, not only are they my favorite tortillas ever but they are made from just 5 simple ingredients. They are naturally delicious with no preservatives. They have an amazing texture to them that you won’t get from other tortillas in the bread aisle.
I really hope you enjoyed today’s recipe!! What would be your go-to caprese dish??
Latest posts by Dana DeVolk (see all)
- Peel and Eat Shrimp Cocktail (Plus Cocktail Sauce Recipe!) - May 17, 2019
- Sweet London Mule Cocktail - May 16, 2019
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe - May 15, 2019