Strawberry Limoncello Slush, a refreshing adult slushie perfect for summer!
Have you guys noticed all the amazing slushie recipes circling the internets these days? Well, I have and being a slushie fan I just had to make one myself!
Also being… well, me. Naturally, I wanted to add a little alcohol to the mix!
What drink screams summer to you? LEMONADE! Strawberry Limoncello Slush, um, yum.
Homemade strawberry lemonade made with fresh strawberries and frozen into ice cubes. Thrown in a blender with limoncello. Poured into a tall glass and mixed with a splash of sparkling wine.
Where did I get all these amazing alcoholic beverages to add to my slush you must be asking? Total Wine, of course!
They literally have anything alcohol related you could ask for. They even offer tastings and classes if you want to learn more about your favorite drinks.
As you can tell from this photo, this place is huge! And, to be honest, can be a touch intimidating on your first trip. But, just ask a friendly Total Wine employee and they will point you in the right direction.
I gave the Wine Manager at my local store my idea for these strawberry limoncello slushies and he helped me pick out the best bottles. First, we headed to the limoncello section… swoon.
There were so many to choose from but he helped me pick out the best one for my recipe. He told me I didn’t need to get the most expensive one since I would be mixing it with other ingredients.
- it’s gorgeous. 2. it’s limoncello. 3. it’s pink, and 4. I’m going to reuse that bottle when I’m done.
Also, not pictured is Duplin Scuppernong. Not pictured because we already drank it. Oops.
Next, we headed to the sparkling wines, I got Cruse Demi Sec. Again, I didn’t need the fanciest sparkling wine, just a nice topper for my slush. Mimosa style!
Okay, okay, I know. On to the recipe!
Strawberry Limoncello Slush
Strawberry Lemonade (makes 8-10)
- 16 ounces strawberries stems removed, medium dice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice strained, about 7 lemons
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 cups water divided
Strawberry Limoncello Slush (makes 2)
- 4 cups strawberry lemonade ice cubes
- 1/2 cup limoncello
- 1/2 cup sparkling wine
- Place the sugar and two cups of the water into a medium sized pot. Put over high heat stirring occasionally until sugar is melted and liquid is clear. Take off the heat and let cool completely.
- Place strawberries in a blender, blend until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh colander. Pour this along with the lemon juice, sugar water, and remaining water into a large pitcher or bowl. Mix to combine.
- Pour desired amount into ice cube molds. Two drinks use about 1 1/2 ice cube trays. Place in freezer and allow to freeze completely. I do this overnight.
Strawberry Limoncello Slush (makes 2)
- Place 1/2 cup of limoncello into a blender. Add 3 cups of the ice cubes to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Top with 1/4 cup of the sparkling wine in each glass. Stir to combine.
Directions to serve over ice
- Make strawberry lemonade as directed. You can still freeze some to use as ice cubes if desired, this will help to not water down your drink!
- Mix 2 cups of the strawberry lemonade with the limoncello. Pour over ice. Add 1/4 cup of the sparkling wine to each glass. Stir to combine.
Allow time to make ice cubes if desired!
As if this doesn’t look yummy enough, here is a quick video:
OR, an alternative if you don’t have a blender or if you are not a fan of frozen drinks is to mix the lemonade with the limoncello and drink over ice with a splash of sparkling wine. Either way, these are a knockout!
I HIGHLY recommend making these slushies at your summer cook-out, to sip by the pool, on your back porch, on a Tuesday night, you know, whenever your heart desires!
Can’t drink alcohol? No biggies! Just make the strawberry lemonade, blend it up, add it to a glass and top it with sparkling grape juice. You can find that at Total Wine as well, boom. Done.
Before your Fourth of July bash, head on over to Total Wineto check out their latest online promotion! Score!
So, cool off with one of these yummy slushies. What is your favorite slushie flavor??
Order My Cookbook!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Total Wine & More. The opinions and text are all mine.