This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeyondTheSandwich #CollectiveBias
Salsa Verde Turkey Sliders, traditional baked sliders get a makeover with salsa verde, turkey and pepper jack cheese!
Today we are taking the traditional sandwich and making it into something fit for picky eaters, foodies or just a regular family of four on a Tuesday night. Castle Wood Reserve® Meats and Cheeses offer high quality products at a great value retailer and they just happen to be the star of today’s recipe!
I was in Walmart the other day and I was headed to the deli section to get some lunch meat cut to make these sliders. There was quite a long line so I thought I’d just go ahead and pick up the sliced meats and cheese from Castle Wood Reserve® and try them out instead. I was in a rush so I thought why not?!
I’m really glad I picked them up instead, they are great quality and much more convenient!
The other ingredients I found in Walmart as well. This is a super quick and easy recipe! Perfect for appetizers, tailgating parties or a weeknight meal!
The tang from the salsa and kick from the pepper jack cheese really sets off this not-so-ordinary sandwich!
Salsa Verde Turkey Sliders
- 12 slider rolls I suggest using a sweet variety for this recipe
- 2/3 Cup salsa verde divided
- 12 slices Castle Wood Reserve® Turkey
- 6 slices Castle Wood Reserve® Pepper Jack Cheese
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice slider rolls in half and place the bottom half of the rolls into a large cast iron skillet (or oven safe dish of your choice). Layer 1/3 Cup of the salsa on top, place one slice of the turkey over each roll, folded so it fits on top. Evenly distribute the cheese on top of each sandwich. Place the top of the rolls on.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, onion flakes and remaining salsa. Pour on top of the rolls evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the rolls are golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
These go together in no time!
That melty cheese is the best part!
Castle Wood Reserve® has a lot more varities of meats and cheeses! Be sure to go to your local Walmart in the deli section to see all of their products.
Castle Wood Reserve® Meats have no binders, no MSG, are trans-fat free and are gluten free! Their cheese has no MSG, is trans-fat free, gluten free and rBST free.
The premium meats and cheeses are versatile enough for a charcuterie board or lunch box, but the unmatched flavor will have you eating them on their own!
Available August 3- October 31 2016 or while supplies last, Earn $1.75 off meat, $0.50 off cheese and $0.75 bonus for buying both through Ibotta!