There’s nothing more refreshing than an ice-cold drink on a hot, summer day. These Raspberry Mojitos are a fun twist on a classic cocktail, and their mouth-watering flavors will have you reaching for more!
Get ready to relax in the summer sun and beat the heat with this refreshing and bright Raspberry Mojito.
A traditional Cuban cocktail, mojitos are synonymous with summer and will instantly transport you to the white sands of a beach in Havana (if only!).
They are light, bubbly, and sweet, with tons of lime and mint — it’s truly heaven-in-a-glass.
This drink really bursts with flavor with the addition of raspberries, which are the perfect balance of tart and sweet.
Why this recipe works:
- Easy ingredients help this cocktail whip up quickly.
- You can easily adjust the ingredients to make more.
- The flavors are perfect for summertime and this is the perfect refreshing, cool-down drink.
The berries and mint go together like summer and sun!
Perfect for the beach, backyard by the pool, or any summer party, this recipe is sure to be a hit with your friends; just be prepared to make more!
With just two minutes of prep time, this drink is so quick and easy to make that you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner.
It’s short on time but long on flavor; your friends will think you slaved away in the kitchen to serve them these delicious drinks (it’ll be our little secret!).
Scroll to the bottom of the page, just above the comments, if you’re ready to make your raspberry mojito! Otherwise, keep reading for some handy tips for making these drinks.
TO MAKE THIS RECIPE YOU’LL NEED:
- Muddler (or wooden spoon)
- Cute straws (optional, but totally worth it!)
- A large pitcher (if you’re making enough to share, that is)
*You can use any glass you have on hand, but my favorite for mojitos is a tall Collins glass or these fun mason jar glasses.
HERB AND BERRY MUDDLING
Muddling is a bartender’s trick to release the flavors and aromas of herbs, berries, or spices.
A muddler is essentially a large pestle and using your glass as the mortar, it really kicks up the flavor.
DO I REALLY HAVE TO MUDDLE MY BERRIES AND MINT?
Muddling is an important method to get the most out of your ingredients, but don’t worry; it doesn’t have to be perfect to taste good. Raspberries are soft and easy to mash, so you shouldn’t have to work up a sweat during this step.
If you don’t have a muddler you can pick up a stainless steel or bamboo one from Amazon, but if you’re short on time and tools then a long wooden spoon will do the trick.
The point is just to smash the fruit until it looks like jam! (Tip: For an even sweeter taste, sprinkle a bit of sugar with the berries first!)
How to make Raspberry Mojitos:
It takes just minutes to make these simple raspberry mojitos, so you can spend more time lounging by the pool.
Simply muddle your berries, lime, and mint, and then add the rest of the ingredients. This recipe is easy to multiply for parties and fun to dress up!
I love to garnish the glasses with a slice of lime, mint sprig, and a few berries on top for a gorgeous and colorful presentation; a cute, colorful straw brings the whole thing together.
GET CRAZY WITH DIFFERENT VARIATIONS!
The mojito is a drink so versatile that there are endless, and I mean ENDLESS, combinations to try. A citrus-flavored sparkling water will kick the citrus up a notch, and this Blueberry Simple Syrup is perfect for added berry flavor.
For a virgin version, replace the rum with extra simple syrup and voila; a healthy, refreshing drink for you and the kiddos!
Tips and Tricks:
- You can easily double or triple this recipe to make more.
- If you are not a fan of the seeds in raspberries, you can absolutely strain them out.
- If you do not have a muddler, just use a wooden spoon until fruit looks smashed.
Other Berry Recipes You’ll Love:
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Tea Sandwiches
- Raspberry Lemonade Curd
- Almond Strawberry Yogurt Muffins
Other Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love:
- Black Cherry Sangria
- Sweet London Mule Cocktail
- Melon Prosecco Cocktails
- Boozy Half and Half Lemonade Iced Tea
- Sparkling Citrus Pomegranate Punch
You can’t go wrong with this fool-proof cocktail. Share this recipe with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest, and let me know how much you love it with a five-star review!
CONNECT WITH THIS SILLY GIRL’S KITCHEN!
Don’t miss out; follow me on social media so that you never miss a recipe!
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 small lime cut into slices
- 1 mint sprig
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3 ounces soda water
- In a large glass of your choice add the raspberries, lime, and mint. Muddle together. Add ice, add rum, simple syrup, and soda water. Stir and enjoy.