Malt Vinegar Smashed Potatoes, baby yukon gold potatoes, boiled, smashed then baked until crispy and coated in malt vinegar. A crispy, creamy, tangy, yummy side dish!
It’s sides week for the Thanksgiving series, yay! (Sorry I missed last week, you know that isn’t normal for me… I’ll do better, I promise!) Today I have these gorgeous smashed potatoes so share that are brushed with malt vinegar. I know, sounds a little weird, right?
But, trust me, WOAH. So yum. We made these at my parents house with my Dad and we all went nuts over them!
The vinegar mixes with olive oil that is used to bake these until crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. It’s like it makes it’s own yummy vinaigrette!
Malt Vinegar Smashed Potatoes
- 24 oz 1 bag baby gold potatoes
- 3/4 Cup salt
- 8 Cups water
- 6 Tbls olive oil
- 1/8 Cup malt vinegar
- pepper to taste
- Rinse off potatoes and put into a large stock pot with the water and salt. Boil until fork tender 30-45 minutes.
- Take out of water and onto a wired rack to cool for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes onto sheet tray and with the bottom of a glass, smash them until about 1/2 inch or the thickness of your index finger. Drizzle with the olive oil and brush on the malt vinegar. You do not have to use all of the vinegar, just enough to brush some on each potato.
- Bake for 15 minutes on the first side, flip and bake an additional 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy. If desired, for extra tangy-ness, brush again with the remaining malt vinegar before serving. Enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
YUM, these are a great alternative to other traditional potato dishes at your Thanksgiving feast! I hope you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to check out Parrish’s recipe for Slow Cooker Cornbread Stuffing:
If you liked this post, try these others by clicking on the images:
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER.
Get my latest recipes goodies straight to your inbox!
I hate Spam as much as you do so, No Spam I promise!
Comments & Reviews
I love these potatoes! Must try these recipes! Thanks for sharing.
Expert Islington carpet cleaning services
I must try these. They look so absolutely yummy, and I love the idea of twice cooked potatoes. They are delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Lana @ ilovemy5kids says
I so can’t wait to try these. YUMMY!
Wow, these look so good! I absolutely have to try them
These look so yummy. I cannot wait to try them.
I have been making this recipe for several months now. I found it on Americas Test Kitchen. Your recipe is a little different but the same premise. I use the small purple potatoes that is sold at Publix Markets. I love the taste of these potatoes. They are my husbands favorite! I have given the recipe to all my friends. Now it is their favorite also. I love your website and the great recipes you pass along. Thanks!
Ashley ~ 3 Little Greenwoods says
Oh my! Potatoes are my favorite food group! 😉
Pinning! Thanks so much for sharing on Show Me Saturday!