Holiday Snowball Cookies, cream cheese Christmas cookies made with holiday M&Ms!
Holiday snowball cookies, a yummy, soft and chewy cream cheese cookie loaded with mini chocolate chips, holiday M&Ms, and coated in powdered sugar.
Santa is going to LOVE these!
These cream cheese cookies have a little twist to them that make them really pop! Traditional cream cheese cookies are just rolled in powdered sugar and baked, but the addition of chocolate to this recipe really makes these stand out.
Okay, so I know what you are thinking. Cream cheese cookies?? Cream cheese does not a snowball cookie make.
Hear me out. Yes, these are not traditional “snowball cookies”, but to me, any cookie rolled in powdered sugar looks like a snowball, so there ya go!
Plus, the name is just cute, so sue me!
Once you take a bite of these the name won’t matter, all you will know is that you need to come back here and leave a comment on how much these snowball cookies kick butt!
Holiday Snowball Cookies Directions:
- Make the cookie base consisting of creamed cream cheese and butter, powdered sugar, egg, flour, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Fold in holiday M&Ms and mini chocolate chips.
- Chill for one hour in the fridge.
- Roll dough into balls, roll balls in powdered sugar and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cookies look set with the slightest browning on the very bottom edges.
- Take out and let cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Roll into more powdered sugar, and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Set out a tray of cookies for Santa to enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Tools used for this recipe:
- A large bowl to mix the cookie dough.
- Holiday M&Ms to fold into the cookies
- Baking sheet to bake the cookies
- Parchment paper, to prepare the baking sheets
- Wire rack to cool the cookies.
More desserts using holiday M&Ms from my favorite bloggers:
Holiday Snowball Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened (1 stick)
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup holiday m&ms
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth. Slowly add 1 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar until combined. Add egg, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Mix to combine. Add flour in slowly until fully incorporated, scraping the sides as needed. Fold in the chocolate chips and m&ms by hand. Place in fridge for one hour to rest.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll dough into 1 inch sized balls, about 2 teaspoons worth of dough. Roll in the remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Slightly press down the tops of the cookies so they are flattened.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until just set. Do not overbake, it is hard to tell when these cookies are ready, they will puff up but won't get golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Roll warm cookies in leftover powdered sugar, or use more if needed.
Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Order My Cookbook!