Cheesecake Brownies, made with fun ghost shapes, perfect for Halloween!
Cheesecake brownies have been so popular now for a long time. I wanted to make a batch, but since Halloween was coming up I thought I’d mix it up and play with the cheesecake filling!
Ghost cheesecake brownies, so cute it’s scary!
I made this batch of chewy brownies using a boxed mix. I used a fudge brownie mix to make sure these were nice and dense, just like I like my brownies.
But, feel free to use any brownie recipe you have that calls for a 9×13 baking dish. I’ve also found that you need to cook the brownies for about 3-5 minutes longer than the directions call for.
Ghost Cheesecake Brownies Directions:
- Mix brownie mix with water, eggs, and melted butter (yum!). Pour half of the batter into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Mix the cheesecake batter which includes cream cheese, egg, flour, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour 2/3 of the cheesecake batter on top of the brownie mix, smooth over the top. Pour the remaining brownie batter on top of the cheesecake and smooth out evenly.
- Place dollops of the remaining cheesecake all over the top. Taking a knife, drag through the dollops to make a ghost tail.
- Bake, let cool completely. Add chocolate chips for eyes and a mouth, and that’s it!
I’d rather make regular cheesecake brownies, what do I do differently?
Of course, you don’t have to make these into ghosts. To make traditional cheesecake brownies, just swirl the cheesecake mixture into the brownie batter in figure 8’s with a knife or toothpick.
Alternate toppings and mix-ins:
- Mix crushed up Oreos into the cheesecake batter, then swirl! Oreo Cheesecake Brownies, WOAH! Okay, I’m stealing that one for myself!
- Add dollops of salted caramel along with the cheesecake batter and swirl everything together. Instant Salted Caramel Cheesecake Brownies… stealing this one again!!
- Sundae. Picture it: Sliced cheesecake brownie. Topped with ice cream. Hot fudge. Candied pecans. TURTLE CHEESECAKE BROWNIE SUNDAES!
Check out these Mini Halloween Cheesecakes from Parrish:
Even more brownie recipes:
Ghost Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 stick 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- mini chocolate chips
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan, set aside.
- Mix the brownie mix, eggs, water, and melted butter in a large bowl. Stir by hand or with a hand mixer until combined and there are no dry patches. Set aside.
- Place everything in a large bowl. With a hand mixer, mix everything until smooth. Set aside.
- Pour half of the brownie batter in the baking pan, smooth out evenly. Pour 2/3 of the cheesecake batter on top, smooth out evenly. Pour out and smooth remaining brownie batter on top.
- Dollop cheesecake batter all over. Using a knife or toothpick, run through the dollops and form ghosts.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Place on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Once cool, place mini chocolate chips as the eyes and regular chocolate chips as the mouths, press in with a toothpick.