Dr Pepper Mason Jar Cupcakes, the cutest, no-mess cupcakes, perfect for your game day spread!
Dr Pepper Mason Jar Cupcakes is a fun treat the whole family will enjoy!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dr Pepper®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Hi, friends! Since football season is officially here and going strong, you know I have been recipe testing game day foods like it’s my job…. cause it is!
It’s no secret that I LOVE a good appetizer or mini foods spread. A setting full of little nibbles is perfect for entertaining and homegating, plus it’s just darn cute!
But, along with football also comes tailgating, and sometimes you just can’t have a full spread of small goodies. Supplies can be limited and you need to have yummy foods on hand without tons of mess and clean up.
I’ve always thought mason jar cupcakes were such a good idea and they are perfect for tailgating! You get your own cute little cupcake in a jar, no need for napkins, these babies are mess proof!
These might seem like simple chocolate cupcakes but there is a secret ingredient, Dr Pepper!
I got mine at Dollar General. There was a huge display set up as soon as I walked in. There was even more in the drink aisle!
There is the Dollar General Dr Pepper points program. You buy Dr Pepper at Dollar General and you gain points towards their reward program. I got a bunch of points on my last trip that I can use toward possible rewards such as a cooler, koozie, shirts, bags, and an engraved food dish!
I used Dr Pepper in my cupcake batter AND between the layers in the mason jars just to keep the cake extra moist. It gives a little zing to the cupcakes that I really love!
Each cupcake I cut in half and in each mason jar there is actually one and a half cut up cupcakes. I also used pint sized jars, they are smaller and the perfect size for layering.
To layer, you just put one-half of a cupcake on the bottom and brush on some Dr Pepper.
Then, some of the best buttercream!
Top off each layer with some mini chocolate chips, then just keep layering again until you get to the top!
These Dr Pepper cupcakes are so easy, and you can even make them in advance.
For even more yummy cupcake ideas, go see my other recipes:
Don’t forget to go to Dollar General and start earning your Dr Pepper rewards!
Dr. Pepper Mason Jar Cupcakes
- 1 package Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 Cup Dr Pepper divided
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 eggs
- Double Recipe of The Best Buttercream
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, 1 cup of Dr Pepper, water, melted butter, and eggs. Mix on low speed with a hand mixer for 30 seconds until combined. On medium speed, mix for 2 minutes.
- In prepared cupcake tins, fill each section with about 3 tablespoons of the cake mix. Bake for 14-19 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. This will make 24 cupcakes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, turn cupcakes out and let cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling make the buttercream frosting, or frosting of your choice.
- To make the cupcake jars, cut each cupcake in half. Place one-half into the bottom of a pint-sized jar. Brush with a little bit of the remaining Dr Pepper. Top with a swirl of frosting. Add a sprinkle of chocolate chips. Repeat two more times.
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Dip - October 23, 2020
- Chocolate Chip Muffins - October 21, 2020
- The Best Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe (Stovetop and Oven Directions) - October 19, 2020