Christmas Tree Frosted Cupcakes, easy and super cute technique for a festive holiday treat!
We all want to put out little cute treats during the holidays right? But some of us *ahem* aren’t that gifted at decorating said treats… right?! That’s why I thought I would dedicate today’s post to these adorable Christmas Tree Frosted Cupcakes! They are basically regular cupcakes but with a couple Christmas tree like touches!
I started out with red velvet cupcakes. I just got the box kind because, well we like how they taste, they are easy, come out moist and delicious each time and there is basically no thinking involved… so shoot me.
Let these babies cool completely on a wired rack or you will have melted Christmas Tree Frosted Cupcakes.
Then, take your frosting and dye it the green you want. I liked this intense, bright green but if you want a darker forest green to look more tree-like, go for it! I used my homemade cream cheese frosting and I’m inserting the recipe for that at the end of this post, you’re welcome. (Seriously, you’re welcome it is by far the best tasting cream cheese frosting ever!)
Using a large star tip on a piping bag. Frost the cupcakes generously .
Sprinkle very lightly with rainbow nonpareils to mimic lights on the Christmas Tree and a yellow star sprinkle right on top!
And, that’s it! Can’t get much easier right?!
Boom, your Christmas dessert spread just got 10x cuter, go you! Now for that cream cheese frosting recipe… drool:
Classic Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together using a hand mixer.
- Add the vanilla, add the powdered sugar in 1/2 Cup at a time until fully incorporated.
- Beat on high speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, check out these others by clicking on the images:
Latest posts by Dana DeVolk (see all)
- Creamy Greek Pasta Salad - May 23, 2019
- Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll Ups - May 22, 2019
- Peel and Eat Shrimp Cocktail (Plus Cocktail Sauce Recipe!) - May 17, 2019