Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, simple banana cupcakes topped with the best cream cheese frosting!
These might be the best cupcakes you have ever tasted… if you like bananas that is. My Dad told me I should open up a bakery after one bite, I kid you not!
Now, my Banana Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Frosting are one of my most popular recipes and yes, they are ah-mazing. But, there is just something about cream cheese that just felt right, lol.
These are really hard to mess up. You just lightly mix the batter, bake them and top with the simple frosting and boom you’re done! A little walnut garnish if you are feeling fancy and you’ll be making excuses to make more.
Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
cream cheese frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chopped walnuts for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a small separate bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, oil, vanilla, and egg. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together with a spoon until just combined and there are no dry patches. Evenly distribute batter between 12 cupcake liners. Bake for 17-19 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- In a large bowl, add in the butter and cream cheese, with a hand mixer cream until smooth. Add in the vanilla and mix to combine. Slowly add in the powdered sugar until smooth. Top cupcakes with frosting, garnish with walnuts if desired.
Here is a video tutorial I made for this recipe:
And there you have it, the best banana cupcakes EVER. What is your favorite banana dessert?