Funfetti truffles, made with white chocolate ganache, these are an easy, fun candy you can make at home!
White chocolate truffles is a classic candy, I wanted to make them a little more fun for Valentine’s Day! I made them in these cute heart molds and put sprinkles in them.
Instant funfetti! And, instantly… I fell in love!
I know what you are thinking. These will be hard to make.
WRONG. There are literally four ingredients in this recipe, including the sprinkles which are totally optional and then you will just have white chocolate truffles…. not that there’s anything wrong with that.
However, you do need to pick up a candy making mold for these. They are silicone and make this job so much easier.
They just pop right out of the mold when set, and, ta-da, perfect little hearts!
The inside is slightly soft and smooth with the crisp white chocolate shell. Be careful, these are addictive!
Funfetti Truffles Directions:
- Melt white chocolate (I prefer to use chocolate melting wafers for this), stir in sprinkles. Pour into chocolate mold and let excess drip out.
- Scrape off excess chocolate. Place in fridge while making the ganache to set.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the butter, white chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Let sit one minute. Then, stir until combined and melted.
- Pour into a piping bag and cut a tiny bit off the end.
- Fill each of the hearts almost all the way to the top, leave a little space because we will be sealing them with white chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
- Pour a thin layer of plain melted white chocolate on top. Scrape off the excess. Place in fridge for another 5 minutes to set up. Pop them out and enjoy!
Alternatives and Add-Ons:
Like most recipes, use this as a base to make it your own. Add a drizzle of chocolate right on top and garnish with more sprinkles!
Or, leave out the sprinkles and add chopped nuts to the mix. Also, try a variety of different chocolates, this recipe can be made with any chocolate you like.
This post may contain affiliate links.
I do recommend getting some specific tools for this recipe.
Tools used for this recipe:
- Chocolate or candy making mold. This is the one I used specifically.
- Microwave safe bowl, I love using these.
- An offset spatula to scrape excess chocolate off the mold. You really need one of these, a bench scraper will work as well.
- These are the chocolate wafers I like to use, especially when making white chocolate desserts. They melt smoothly every time.
- Also, these specific type sprinkles are the ones you should use. Any other kind of sprinkle might bleed and you will have streaks of color running through the chocolate.
- Piping bag for easily adding the ganache filling.
More funfetti desserts from my favorite bloggers:
Funfetti White Chocolate Truffles
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles**
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Melt 2 cups of the white chocolate chips, set aside 1/2 cup. Mix the sprinkles into the remaining 1 1/2 cup. Pour into a silicone candy mold, let excess drip off. Using an offset spatula or bench scraper, scrape off excess chocolate. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes to harden.
- While chocolate mold is setting up, make the ganache. Place the butter, remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips, and the condensed milk into a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high one minute. Let stand one minute. Stir until smooth and combined, this may take a few minutes. Pour into a pastry*** bag and cut off a very small amount off the tip. Fill molds almost all the way to the top with the ganache, making sure there is a small space to be able to add more melted chocolate. Place in the fridge 10 minutes to set.
- Once set, pour the remaining melted white chocolate from step 1 on top. Using an offset spatula or bench scraper, scrape off the excess chocolate. Place in the fridge 5 minutes to set. Pop chocolates out of the mold, enjoy!