Peanut Butter Oreo Buckeyes, peanut butter Oreo truffles dipped in peanut butter coating and milk chocolate!
If you haven’t noticed, lately I have been a little quite around these parts. That is because I just got done writing my cookbook! YES, my manuscript is in and the editing process has started. This is such an exciting time!
So, this is the reason why I haven’t been posting as often, but I am happy to say I am back with a vengeance! I will keep you up to date on all this cookbook in the month’s come up to it’s release, but until then let’s get cooking!
Today I have these in-cred-i-ble truffles. Yes, peanut butter Oreo truffles!! But, did I just stop there? Oh no. To make these buckeye-ish I dipped them in a peanut butter + white chocolate coating and then dipped everything in melted milk chocolate… GIMME!
If you are a chocolate-peanut butter freak like I am, then you will seriously appreciate these beauties!
Set aside a good chunk of time before making these though, after making the truffle interior then have to set up in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
Peanut Butter Oreo Buckeyes
- 30 peanut butter Oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz milk chocolate chips or chocolate variety of your choice
- Place Oreos in a food processor and pulse until they form crumbs. Add in the cream cheese and pulse until a dough like ball forms. Roll mixture into 1 tablespoon-sized balls, I use a cookie scoop for this. Place on a parchment paper lined sheet tray. Place in freezer for 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on half power in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring with a spoon in between intervals. Add in the peanut butter and stir in until everything is smooth. Dip truffles one at a time into the mixture, tapping off the excess and place back on the parchment paper lined sheet. If the peanut butter coating does not harden within a few minutes then pop them back in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips by placing them into a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on half power in 30 seconds intervals until melted, stirring in between.
- Dip the bottom of the truffles into the melted milk chocolate. Place back on the sheet tray to harden.
Here is a quick video tutorial for this recipe:
So, what do you think… can you get down with these?!!