Peanut Butter Oreo Buckeyes, peanut butter Oreo truffles dipped in peanut butter coating and milk chocolate!
Who doesn’t love some buckeyes!
Buckeyes are a delicious treat the whole family can enjoy!
If you haven’t noticed, lately I have been a little quiet around these parts. That is because I just got done writing my cookbook! YES, my manuscript is in and the editing process has started.
This is such an exciting time! (Update here is my cookbook! Grab yourself a copy today!!)
Take me to the recipe for Buckeyes already!
Thank you so much for your eagerness to view my recipe.
If you would rather not hear my super helpful tips and tricks, FAQ, and my overall awesomeness and get straight to this delicious Buckeyes recipe – you can very easily scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for the full printable FREE recipe! Bon appetit.
If you are a chocolate-peanut butter freak like I am, then you will seriously appreciate these beauties! I mean who doesn’t love an easy buckeye recipe!
So, this is the reason why I haven’t been posting as often, but I am happy to say I am back with a vengeance! I will keep you up to date on all this cookbook in the month’s come up to its release, but until then let’s get cooking!
Today I have these in-cred-i-ble truffles. Yes, peanut butter Oreo truffles!!
But, did I just stop there? Oh no.
To make these more into buckeyes I dipped them in a peanut butter + white chocolate coating and then dipped everything in melted milk chocolate… GIMME!
So, what do you think… can you are you excited to try these buckeyes?
How to make Buckeyes:
Process Oreos in a food process
Add in cream cheese and process some more
Scoop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze
Melt white chocolate and peanut butter together in a bowl- stirring to make it smooth
Dip all the truffles in the peanut butter mixture and let harden
Melt chocolate chips and dip half of the truffles in the melted chocolate
Let harden and enjoy!
I know there are so many buckeyes recipes out there- but this my favorite! Easy and delicious!
Make sure to set aside a good chunk of time before making these though, after making the truffle interior they have to set up in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
What is a buckeye?
A buckeye is actually a nut from a tree! It is a shiny dark brown nut with a light patch on top! Pretty cool right?! However, they are now commonly a delicious truffle dessert that only resembles the nut in name and appearance but does not actually use the nut in the recipe.
Do buckeyes need to be refrigerated?
I recommenced storing extra buckeyes in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Since we used cream cheese in the filling it is a safe bet they should stay refrigerated.
How do you dip buckeyes?
I like to use a fork or slotted spoon to lower the truffle into the peanutbutter mixture and roll it around. You can also use a tooth pick inserted into the top!
Tools used to make Buckeyes:
How to make peanut butter buckeyes
Peanut Butter Oreo Buckeyes
- 30 peanut butter Oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz milk chocolate chips or chocolate variety of your choice
- Place Oreos in a food processor and pulse until they form crumbs. Add in the cream cheese and pulse until a dough like ball forms. Roll mixture into 1 tablespoon-sized balls, I use a cookie scoop for this. Place on a parchment paper lined sheet tray. Place in freezer for 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on half power in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring with a spoon in between intervals. Add in the peanut butter and stir in until everything is smooth. Dip truffles one at a time into the mixture, tapping off the excess and place back on the parchment paper lined sheet. If the peanut butter coating does not harden within a few minutes then pop them back in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips by placing them into a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on half power in 30 seconds intervals until melted, stirring in between.
- Dip the bottom of the truffles into the melted milk chocolate. Place back on the sheet tray to harden.
- No Chill Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies - July 1, 2020
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken - June 29, 2020
- 4th of July Party Idea + Chicken Salad with Cranberries - June 25, 2020