Hi Friends! I’m sharing with you today two classic summertime drinks in one. Lemonade and sweet tea…. with a couple strawberries mixed in 😉 This drink is so refreshing and cool. The best part is, taking the tea and making them into fun ice cubes, your *new* favorite drink will never get watered down! Seriously, this is one you will be making over and over again! You get a hint of strawberries and lemon then the classic southern sweet tea flavors, yum!
Strawberry Lemonade Iced Tea
The recipe makes enough for one full ice cub tray plus 2 quarts of liquid. SO, be careful when mixing!
- 2 qt plus 1 cup of water
- 2 cold brew tea bags
- 1¼ Cup granulated sugar
- 8 strawberries, 5 large chop and 3 sliced
- juice from one lemon, fresh squeezed
- lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Prepare cold brew tea by steeping two tea bags in 2 quarts room temperature water with 1 cup of the sugar for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the strength of tea is to your liking.
- While tea is steeping, place the 5 chopped strawberries with the remaining water and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Let come to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain strawberry liquid through a fine mesh colander gently crushing the berries to get the juice out of them. Let liquid cool and add in lemon juice.
- Add strawberry/lemon mix to the steeped tea, discarding the tea bags. Mix to combine everything together.
- Taking an ice cube tray, place sliced of the 3 strawberries into each container. Carefully, pour the tea mixture over the strawberries and place in freezer to freeze. Place remaining tea in a pitcher and let get cold in the fridge.
- When tea is cold and ice cubes are frozen, pop out the ice cubes, add to a glass with lemon slices (optional) and pour in the tea. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is so easy there is really no need for my normal step by step photos. But, here is how I did the ice cubes:
This drink is just so summery, I love it! What is your favorite way to enjoy iced tea??
If you are looking for more drink recipes, check out these posts:
Order My Cookbook!