One Pan BBQ Chicken Pasta, your favorite bbq chicken pizza turned into a quick pasta dish and made in only one pan for easy clean up!
Do you ever feel like there is just not enough time in the day to get a good home cooked meal on the table?! I totally feel the same way sometimes. Even though I am a food blogger and I love to cook, every now and then I just need something quick and easy to throw together at meal time.
I discovered these new Barilla® Pronto™ pastas at my local grocery store. I immediately picked up a few versions, perfect for weeknight meals!
I love making new pasta dishes because they always come out hearty and delicious! I think it’s really fun to experiment with new flavors for pasta too. They don’t always have to be a typical Italian dish.
With the new Barilla® Pronto™ in Spaghetti I created today’s fun and yummy recipe for BBQ Chicken Pasta! What’s great about these Pronto™ pastas is you can throw together a whole meal in one pan with no pre-boiling or draining of water! Super easy for cooking and clean up!
My inspiration for today’s dish comes from one of my favorite pizzas; BBQ Chicken Pizza! This has come to be a classic combination. The main ingredients for the pizza (and today’s pasta!) are chicken, BBQ sauce, cheese, cilantro and red onions.
Put all those flavors together with Pronto™ pasta and you have one unique and delicious meal!
One Pan BBQ Chicken Pasta
- 1/2 Cup red onion sliced thin
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Box Barilla® Pronto™ Spaghetti
- 2 Cups cold water
- 1 Cup unsalted chicken broth
- 2 Cups cooked rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1/2 Cup shredded colby/montery jack cheese
- 1/4 Cup BBQ sauce or more to taste
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place heavy bottom skillet (not cast iron) over medium high heat. Saute onions in butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until translucent.
- Add in the pasta, water and chicken stock. Add in a pinch of salt. Set timer to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until 3/4 of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add in the chicken, bbq sauce and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Cook an additional 2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning and sauce, add more sauce if desired and stir to combine.
- Garnish with cheese and cilantro, enjoy!
Recipe NotesThis dish cooks extremely fast. Get all your ingredients ready before starting the cooking process.
YUM!!! I personally like this with a small amount of BBQ sauce, so this isn’t a very saucy dish per the directions. Feel free to add more if you prefer it!
This is so easy, I really enjoyed cooking with Barilla® Pronto™, there are so many possibilities with these pastas! They have a lot of recipes already on their website.
Using pre-cooked rotisserie chicken makes this dish so much easier. You can also use left over baked chicken as well!
Order My Cookbook!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla® . The opinions and text are all mine.