This is a sponsored post on behalf of Walmart online grocery pickup. All opinions are 100% my own.
Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Banana Bread, classic banana bread and everyone’s favorite cake, red velvet in one! Topped with thick cream cheese icing, swoon.
That last minute holiday rush is on, my friends! Are you feeling the frenzy like I am? I have been going non-stop like a headless chicken for weeks now it seems.
If you are anything like me, sometimes I try hard to plan things out in advance but then when the time comes, so many extra obstacles get in my way! So, if you are in a pinch and need a last minute holiday treat you have come to the right recipe!
Not only is this chocolate chip red velvet banana bread perfect for this festive season, but it is great for any time of the year! Yes, red velvet is just one of those staples you can use year round, but it is just extra special during the holidays.
Studded with chocolate chips and topped with a thick layer of cream cheese icing, you will be wanting to make this year round!
Don’t have time to rush to the store, go through the aisles looking for ingredients while you start to experience road rage with your shopping cart?? Well, lucky for you Walmart just started a new service…. that is FREE. Walmart’s online grocery pickup service has been…. life changing. I’m totally honest in saying this, I can’t believe I hadn’t tried it sooner.
I have a couple Walmarts around me that offer this service. To find out if yours does just go on https://grocery.walmart.com to see!
The online ordering part is super easy. There is a search bar where you can search for the items you want. You can purchase any grocery items there plus items you need for prep like roasting pans, basting brushes, etc. AND you can get tableware, silverware, wine (where available). There are tons of items to choose from, even artificial Christmas trees, you just need to search and see all they have to offer.
So, I placed my order hours in advance, this gives them time to do the shopping for you! Then, I downloaded the app “Walmart Grocery” on iOS (“Walmart Grocery Check-In” on Android). This app helps the Walmart attendants know your exact location and it tells them how many minutes until you arrive.
When I got to my Walmart, it was very easy to see where to pick up my items. They have arrows all over showing the way.
Then, you park in one of their designated parking spots, call the number and let they know you’re there.
That’s it! Then you just wait for them to come out and load the car for you.
You don’t even have to get out if you don’t want. This cut down my shopping trip easily in half. I’m definitely going to be using this service every week!
I was able to get everything I needed for my chocolate chip red velvet banana bread during this trip!
Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Banana Bread
- 1 stick butter 1/2 Cup, unsalted softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed bananas about 2 large bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 oz gel no-taste red food coloring
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With a hand mixer in a large bowl, mix together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add in the vanilla and bananas, mix until combined. Add in the eggs one at a time. Last, add in the sour cream until everything is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Slowly fold this into the wet mixture until there are no lumps, saving about 1 tablespoon of the dried mix. Add the food coloring into the batter and mix well. Toss the chocolate chips in the remaining dry ingredients and fold them into the batter.
- Spoon mixture into an 8x5 prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool on a wired rack for 20 minutes, take out of loaf pan and set bread directly on the rack to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Icing
- While the bread is cooling, make the icing by creaming the cream cheese in a medium-sized bowl with a hand or stand mixer. Add in the powdered sugar a little at a time, add in the milk and vanilla until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- When the bread is cooled, pour the icing on top, enjoy!
Ugh that icing is just heavenly!
After using Walmart’s online grocery pickup service I felt like a #groceryhero ! If you want to be one too, make sure to go online and place an order now: https://grocery.walmart.com after you have picked up your order, I’d love to hear about your experience in the comments below!
Latest posts by Dana DeVolk (see all)
- The Best Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe (Stovetop and Oven Directions) - October 23, 2019
- Snickerdoodle Bars - October 22, 2019
- Crockpot Chili - October 21, 2019