Welcome to a brand new month and a brand new series! Parrish from Life with the Crust Cut Off and I will be sharing after school snacks recipes through the month of August every Tuesday, get excite! First up are these insanely yummy mini monster cookies, all the yumminess or big monster cookies, now bite sized! They are perfect for little mouths and much easier on portion control! Peanut butter cookie base loaded with mini m&m’s and oats! They are so yummy, they will be your newest go-to!
Mini Monster Cookies
This recipe makes a looooot of cookies, but trust me they go pretty fast! They last for a week on the counter too, so no worries with these going to waste. The recipe is adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Mini Monster Cookies
- 1 stick butter unsalted softened
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 Cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 Cup m&m minis
- 1/2 Cup quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter and sugars with a hand mixer or stand mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add in the peanut butter, egg and vanilla, mixing to combine after each addition. In a separate bowl, combine the baking soda and flour. Gradually add in the dry mixture to the wet mixture until thoroughly combined. Scrap down the sides as needed, add in the m&ms and oats. Mix in the m&ms and oats with a spoon so you don't break up the candies.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat. Using a teaspoon sized scoop or spoon, scoop out the cookies and roll into a ball. Flatten the tops of the cookies so they spread evenly, add more m&ms on top for looks if desired.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes, they will not look fully done but they are. When they come out of the oven, use the back of a spoon and gently flatten out the cookies. Let sit on try for about 3 minutes then transfer to wired rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
I knew these cookies were going to be good but they were even better than expected! You really get a great chocolate flavor then the slight nuttiness from the peanut butter hits you. With the oats added it gives a nice texture, I really love these cuties!
They are nice and soft too, I will definitely make these again and again!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Do you like to mix in any other additions to your monster cookies?
Don’t forget to check out Parrish’s post for Peanut Butter & Jelly Blondies!
If you liked this recipe you might like these others as well:
Order My Cookbook!