Fresh Cranberry Jam, only 3 ingredients and ready in 14 minutes or less, sweet, tart and oh so delicious!
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and on everyone’s table has to be some cranberry goodness! Cranberries seem to be a huge Thanksgiving fruit but I think they really are special all through the holidays! That bright red color of this fresh cranberry jam just screams Christmas morning to me! Not overly sweet with a nice tart kick we love from cranberries, this fresh cranberry jam is ready in under 14 minutes and has only three ingredients! Skip the canned stuff this year, and make your own!
Oh so festive, I have been having it every morning lately spread on these warm corn muffins or slathered on some thick sliced raising bread, YUM! The inspiration for this recipe comes from POPSUGAR.
Fresh Cranberry Jam
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 Cup water
- Place all ingredients into a large sauce pot. Cook over medium high heat until cranberries pop and become softened, 7-9 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Take off of heat and using an immersion blender (or regular blender) blend cranberries until smooth. Return to heat over medium low heat and let thicken about another 3-5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Jam is ready when it coats the back of a spoon and isn't runny. Let cool slightly and pour into desired containers. Serve immediately or store sealed in the fridge, enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
Look at that gorgeous bright red color! I love it. It is soooo good, slightly more tart than sweet so if you like it more sweet, add another 1/2 Cup of sugar! What is your favorite way to use cranberries for the holidays??
If you liked this recipe, please check out these others by clicking on the images:
- No Chill Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies - July 1, 2020
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken - June 29, 2020
- 4th of July Party Idea + Chicken Salad with Cranberries - June 25, 2020