This chicken broccoli pasta is an easy, one pot meal perfect for busy weeknights.
Ready in under 25 minutes, creamy, loaded with broccoli, chicken sausage, and roasted red bell peppers. This chicken broccoli pasta is a knock-out dish!
Chicken Broccoli Pasta
What I love so much about this dish is the HUGE flavor punch it brings to the table! This post is sponsored by al fresco chicken sausages, all opinions are 100% my own.
I’ve added three elements to this one-pot pasta dish to really amp up the flavor.
- Roasted red peppers
- Asiago cheese
- al fresco chicken sausages
With this meal going together so quickly, you need to pack in as much flavor as possible.
I swear your family will think it took you forever to make this chicken broccoli pasta. But, it’s on the table in around 25 minutes – score!
What really packs the flavor is the al fresco chicken sausages. I got them at Publix, along with my precut broccoli (such a time saver!), and Publix brand rotini pasta.
I picked up the sausages in the roasted pepper and asiago flavor. Then, I built the other flavors of the pasta dish around it.
How to make chicken broccoli pasta
- Saute garlic with olive oil in a large, heavy bottom skillet or large stockpot. Using a stockpot is easier since we are adding a lot of goodies to our dish.
- Add the chicken stock and rotini pasta right to the pot and stir in. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Slice 1 package al fresco chicken sausages in the roasted pepper and asiago flavor in about 1/4 inch slices. Add to the pot.
- Add the precut broccoli florets, roasted red peppers, asiago cheese, cream cheese, and fresh cracked black pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened to your liking.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and more asiago cheese, both optional.
What I love about using al fresco chicken sausages in dishes, is not only the huge flavor punch they bring, but they are already fully cooked.
You don’t have to worry about cooking raw chicken and making sure it is cooked before making the rest of this pasta dish. This saves 15-20 minutes of cooking time – perfect for weeknight meals.
This chicken broccoli pasta is bursting with flavor, cooking everything together in one pot allows for the pasta to soak up all that goodness.
I was on our local morning show River City Live, here in Jacksonville, FL a few weeks ago demonstrating this amazing one-pot chicken broccoli pasta. Check out my segment here:
How to make one-pot chicken broccoli pasta
One-Pot Chicken Broccoli Pasta
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1 package al fresco chicken sausages roasted pepper and asiago flavor
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 12 ounces jarred sliced roasted red peppers drained
- 4 ounces asiago cheese shaved, plus more for garnish, optional
- 8 ounces cream cheese medium dice
- 10 cracks fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped fine, garnish, optional
- In a large stockpot or large heavy bottom skillet with deep sides, saute the garlic with the olive oil over medium-low heat until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and pasta, stir to combine. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Thinly slice the sausage, add it to the pot with the broccoli, red peppers, asiago cheese, cream cheese, and pepper. Stir to combine and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Serve with a garnish of more asiago cheese and fresh parsley., optional.