This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItMazola #simpleswap #CollectiveBias
Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice, a quick and easy side dish or a full meal!
Loaded with veggies and chicken this cauliflower chicken fried rice is a healthier alternative to classic fried rice.
Chicken Fried Rice
Riced cauliflower, rotisserie chicken, carrots, and peas in a flavorful soy sauce.
Instead of sauteing my rice, veggies, and chicken in extra virgin olive oil, I have started using Mazola® Corn Oil. A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see Mazola.com.
Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice already!
Thank you so much for your eagerness to view my recipe.
If you would rather not hear my super helpful tips and tricks, FAQ, and my overall awesomeness and get straight to this delicious Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice recipe – you can very easily scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for the full printable FREE recipe! Bon appetit.
A few reasons why I have been loving Mazola:
- I have been using it as an all-purpose cooking oil. Mazola Corn Oil is a smart heart-healthy choice for us.
- You can use it for all kinds of cooking techniques from baking, grilling, stir-frying, or even in marinades and dressings.
- It is the perfect addition to recipes where you need a neutral flavored oil. Mazola has a neutral flavor so your dish itself will stand out, not the oil flavor.
- For high heat cooking, Mazola is perfect because it has a smoke point of 450°F, unlike extra virgin olive oil that smokes at 374°F.
How to make chicken fried rice:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the Mazola Corn Oil, add in the white part scallions and cauliflower rice. Flatten out rice to form an even layer and let sear for 4 minutes.
- Mix the rice around, add the peas, carrots, and chicken, stir to warm through, 2 minutes. Add the remaining scallions and the sauce, mix to coat.
- Take off the heat and garnish with sesame seeds, optional.
To make this chicken fried rice healthier, I used Mazola Corn Oil in place of butter, cauliflower rice in place of steamed white rice, and boneless skinless rotisserie chicken breast in place of chicken thighs.
But, I really love to have it on its own as well, it makes for a fast, delicious lunch!
How to make cauliflower chicken fried rice
cauliflower chicken fried rice
- 1 tablespoon Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken breast bones and skin removed, small dice
- 10 ounces frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black soy sauce*
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- sesame seeds garnish, optional
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil. Add the white part of the scallions and the cauliflower rice, stir to coat in the oil. Press down slightly so the rice forms a single layer in the pan. Let sear for 4 minutes and do not stir. We are looking to get the rice a golden brown color.
- Mix in the peas and carrots and diced chicken. Stir constantly for a few minutes until the veggies and chicken are heated through.
- Add the scallions and sauce to the pan, stir to coat everything in the sauce. Take off the heat immediately. Serve with sesame seed garnish.